Greenie
May 25, 2008
Derry New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,
I am from Derry NH and am an avid scuba diver and always wanted to metal detect underwater. I bought a viper trident on sale to dive and detect with..I took my kids into the woods to give it a try on land and my very first find was a Seated dime from 1886. I was breathless..Now, all I think about is metal detecting...HOOKED!!! Forget diving, Im going back to that spot for more lol..Also found a old butter knife, and some pennies..The bugs were heavey and the kids were being eaten alive so I had to leave..Cant wait to get back and check out all the cellar holes in the area..Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I love the site..have been reading it alot about the wrecks over the years but never posted until I first detected..Thanks to everyone..ps. thinking of getting a garrett 2500 for land as I found one for cheap money used.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and lets see those finds!

OP
OP
shdw1

shdw1

Greenie
May 25, 2008
Derry New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello rock,
I was able to finally post a pick of the liberty dime on "todays finds"..Enjoy and happy hunting ....Thanks for the welcome friend!

VietBill1967

Oct 9, 2012
Hudson, NH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Joel. I live in Hudson NH and have a White's metal detector. I really haven't gone out with it yet, but would like to look around. How do you know where cellar holes are in the area or what land might be best to start in, in this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions