OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coops1

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the new o-rings are being sold, not the arm upgrade nor the new batteries that come with new o-ring, NOTHING fishy at all......

minelab are selling an item that should first be provided free of charge because the original is not fit for purpose :BangHead: NOTHING fishy .Pull the other one

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the new o-rings are being sold, not the arm upgrade nor the new batteries that come with new o-ring, NOTHING fishy at all......

minelab are selling an item that should first be provided free of charge because the original is not fit for purpose :BangHead: NOTHING fishy .Pull the other one

You say it should be free of charge doesn't make it true. I had to install a rain drain mod on my 2006 Miata, cost me $800, mod was by Mazda but was not covered by warranty per Mazda it was my choice to install or not..

coops1

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say it should be free of charge doesn't make it true. I had to install a rain drain mod on my 2006 Miata, cost me $800, mod was by Mazda but was not covered by warranty per Mazda it was my choice to install or not..

I am many others chose to purchase a (waterproof)? detector. That is NOT waterproof of course an item to make a the detector waterproof should be FREE I have already paid for it :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am many others chose to purchase a (waterproof)? detector. That is NOT waterproof of course an item to make a the detector waterproof should be FREE I have already paid for it :icon_scratch:
Mine has never leaked.. I know many others who have never leaked either.

coops1

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine has never leaked.. I know many others who have never leaked either.
Lucky you ?
If there wasn't an issue with the detector leaking why is minelab rectifying it ?.
o yes i know its because of USER ERROR
Now i can (UPGRADE) my waterproof detector to be waterproof ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you ?
If there wasn't an issue with the detector leaking why is minelab rectifying it ?.
o yes i know its because of USER ERROR
Now i can (UPGRADE) my waterproof detector to be waterproof ?
Sure can, just have to pay for it......

coops1

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure can, just have to pay for it......
Wrong AGAIN well actually not completely wrong because I contacted minelab and have been offered an (upgrade)? FREE because my unit is less than a year old.
If they refuse and your ctx is still under warranty just take it for a swim and WHEN it leaks just send it back and get a brand NEW FREE UPGRADED DETECTOR :laughing7:
by the way i have to pay $20 postage so yes i do have to pay a little but not the full amount.
As i said before this should be free to everyone who owns a ctx3030 because as standard it is NOT fit for use
look i have made my point and minelab have now acknowledge it shame you cannot do the same
good day

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong AGAIN well actually not completely wrong because I contacted minelab and have been offered an (upgrade)? FREE because my unit is less than a year old.
If they refuse and your ctx is still under warranty just take it for a swim and WHEN it leaks just send it back and get a brand NEW FREE UPGRADED DETECTOR :laughing7:
by the way i have to pay $20 postage so yes i do have to pay a little but not the full amount.
As i said before this should be free to everyone who owns a ctx3030 because as standard it is NOT fit for use
look i have made my point and minelab have now acknowledge it shame you cannot do the same
good day
Good for you if you can 👍 , just have to wait and see what happens when you actually send yours in...

Last edited:

coops1

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you if you can �� , just have to wait and see what happens when you actually send yours in...

Ha Ha idle threats you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one.Where i live we have something called CONSUMER LAW and if there is a major fault caused via leak o ring etc etc etc I can get a FULL REFUND as others are entitled to do providing the still have their warranty :laughing7:

If there is a major problem with a product you have bought, you can:
reject it and choose a refund or replacement, or
keep it and the seller will compensate you for any drop in value

I think think a waterproof detector that isn't waterproof is quite a major problem :BangHead:
But i will let you know how i get on with the (free) upgrade first
NICE TRY
GOOD DAY

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha idle threats you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one.Where i live we have something called CONSUMER LAW and if there is a major fault caused via leak o ring etc etc etc I can get a FULL REFUND as others are entitled to do providing the still have their warranty :laughing7:

If there is a major problem with a product you have bought, you can:
reject it and choose a refund or replacement, or
keep it and the seller will compensate you for any drop in value

I think think a waterproof detector that isn't waterproof is quite a major problem :BangHead:
NICE TRY
GOOD DAY

What the heck idle threats are you talking about? I said good for you and even gave your post a thumbs up.........

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The thumbs up is a fist with thumb sticking OUT! Cover your eye.

coops1

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck idle threats are you talking about? I said good for you and even gave your post a thumbs up.........
(just have to wait and see what happens when you actually send yours in..just have to wait and see what happens when you actually send yours in..

ARE OK i thought you might be insinuating i might have to pay in some way ?. Thanks for making your comment clear to me .My mistake Sorry about that but we are not all perfect and neither are some companies it seems. you see if i make a mistake I am quite happy to admit it unlike minelab who are happy to blame customers for mistakes they make ?.
Thank God we have consumer law to protect us .

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would chime in about the new seals for the Battery from Minelab.
I ordered some for my CTX and tried them today and I think the Battery still doesn't latch as tight as it should on the first edition CTX I guess that is what you would call it now lol.
They are thicker but not by much.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread