New utah member

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

New to this site but frequent many fishing forums (my "other" hobby") and thought i would finally join up and say hello.

I have been metal detecting and treasure hunting my whole life and my wife loves to work the yard sales and thrift stores. Why put it in the dirt if we can reuse it or sell it is her motto.....

I am more of a fisherman but when it is slow I drag out my new Fisher F-70 (still learning, just got it) and scan beaches, playgrounds, and anything else that is easier to dig. I had an older Fisher and not even sure what the model is but it has found me a many coins and a few nice jewelry pieces.

well anywho, I am prior military and my wife is as well and we have found Utah our final landing ground. Not a first choice but we are here and making it work.

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to have you here and good hunting to your "team". It's truly a blessing to have someone you love as engaged as you are in something like MD'ing. Yesterday my wife and I were hunting a small park when it started to rain, she has her own machine and, of course I was wrapped up in my own world, head down, headphones on. But I stared to think that she was probaly not happy about betting all wet and the ground had been turning to pure mush, mud was covering me, my AT Pro, my pin pointer, and then, we almost bumped into each other, we looked up half startled, then grinned at each other and continued to hunt in our own direction. Later that night before we turned out the light I recalled that to her, and she knew what I was gonna say as soon I said "remember today..." and she finished my thought. Priceless...

(I think I'm gonna post this in the general discussion forum!)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread