Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Hello all,

I have been reading here for sometime and this place is great. I have a BH505 that I bought 5 or 6 years ago. I did not have great luck back then. I put it away for a few years. Recently I watched that show "Diggers" and decided to give it another try. I went back over my local families yards and I began to find things. I have found a few Rosie's, Washington silvers, and even a three ring dropped miniball. After to talking with a gentleman at work who has been MDing for 35 years we decided that I needed a better machine. I decided on the V3i because of the video's I've watched and the threads I've read here. The Whites should be here in a few days and I would appreciate any help or pointers that will help me get off to good start. Thanks

Ricky

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I first bought mine I had already been on the Whites Metal Detecting Forum White's Electronics, Inc. Forums and I had been reading for quite some time about the Vision, V3 and V3i, there is a considerable amount of info on that forum that could be very valuable for you and I'm sure that there's someone in your area who could give you some great pointers for adjusting your detector for your area.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a great detector
you should do real well
have fun, research, fill in your hole's

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm considering a V3i too. I've been very successful with my MXT and considered the upgrade. Realize, the V3i has a steep learning curve. Stick with it! Give us updates.

OP
OP
Digging Deeper

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Ok after watching 15 videos, reading the manual bumper to bumper, and going back over my yard at night after work I finally got to visit another yard. I really like this machine. I have only found 2 silvers with it (found 3 with my bounty hunter 505 before it arrived) but one of them was pretty cool for this area. The polar plot feature is incredible. I had some help digging and they were amazed at our trash to treasure ratio. 13 clad and 19 wheaties, with maybe 7 or 8 trash targets dug. That polar plot is usually correct, most of the trash targets were higher quality type pull tops. My uncle slipped a small 14K band in a hole on me while I was getting a drink messing with me. When I ran the 5.3 over it and stopped (this was right near the walker half I had just found) I said " this is probably a pull tab but it had a strong straight polar plot and may be a small gold ring". When I reached in and pulled that ring I was sold. LOL. A few minutes later he and my aunt told me that they planted that in the hole to see if I was getting lucky on these correct calls or was this machine that good. Needless to say Whites has done a great job, along with all the great people posting tips and information here. You guys have got me hooked now. Thanks.
Ricky

Attachments

• image-2590363246.jpg
    image-2590363246.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image-3910454692.jpg
    image-3910454692.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 144

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds dude
The V3I is a great machine and each day you use it it becomes better and better :icon_thumright:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the V3i for some time, I just gave it up about 15 days ago... I hope you like it, I did, but what made me a bit frustraded was that I NEVER really knew if I was detecting in the correct setting, if I was doing it right or wrong. The v3i is the most complex machine in the market, and to have it at it's full potential you have to go out of the stock programming and tweek the programs acorging to your soil, what you are looking for and your personal preferences. This makes the detector very complex.
Anyway take your time to learn it and go to the whites forum to find some more info on the programming of the detector. If you manage to master it, I have no question that it's probably the most complete detector in the market.

digitall

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my v3i. Upgraded from a Mxt when I first got v3i I could not wait to go over the previous Mxt areas a little disappointed did not find much more that was because of the learning curve now with several hours on the machine now I'm pulling all kinds of stuff where I've already been including jewelry and deep coins. That's the good thing about the v3i the more you use it the better you become at retrieving the good stuff.
Also my trash to coin ratio is much much better.

OP
OP
Digging Deeper

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I totally agree, after the first few weeks I am sold on the V3i

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions