New whites v3i on its way!!!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Am so happy that I needed to share the good news. I have a v3i on its way to my place, I decided to sell all my detectors to fund the purchase to keep just ONE detector and to learn just ONE machine, so I decided I would just get the best ( in my opinion) detector out there and stick with it for as long as I can. After much thinking I decided that I was going for a whites v3i since I wanted a detector that looked like it was build to last and not like other brands that look like expensive toys.
So now I am just going to have to sell my mxt and start learning the new v3i.

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
I have had many detectors including all Minelabs, high end Fishers, and all Whites. I mainly hunt coins and my favorites for coin hunting were the Explorer series, Fisher CZ's, and the Whites DFX not in any particular order. I got a V3i two weeks ago and absolutely love it. Watch all of the videos, concentrate on the navigation of the menu. If you can learn to adjust the menu driven adjustments, the detector will find coins. Within the menu, the filters and rx gain are extremely important for depth. I use two programs, the coin and jewelery- high pro. I make several adjustments and with ten hours or so in the field, I find the V3i to be as good as any detector I have ever used. The spectra-graph, analyze screen, and pinpoint screen will give you more information than any detector made as to whether or not to dig. I dig hardly any trash and it goes deep. Do not let the multitude of adjustments intimidate you. Most factory programs are very proficent, unlike the DFX's. They usually only need minor tweaking. Good luck. R.L.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had quite a few detectors too. I hate selling so I still have quite a few....The V3I is by for the best I have ever owned or used. The stock programs are pretty good and with some minor tweaks here and there, they will go deep. Like RL OH said, just look at all the vids you can find on it and then go have fun. Also, don't be afraid to experiment. If you mess up a program sooooo bad you can't get back to near factory settings, no problem...just restore it and start again. You will love it.

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I really hope so. I still have to wait like 1.5 weeks to get it here since it is on it's way but it will get to my forwarding address in a week and than it takes about 1/2 a week to be delivered in costa rica.
Anyway I am in no hurry. I still have to sell my other detectors before I can even bring it in the house, my wife would kill me if she found out that I bought another detector without having sold the old ones first... :laughing7:

Mole Man

Jun 24, 2012
Longview, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

White's XLT

Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked my V3i up from White's, I couldn't wait for it to ship:), last Summer and have never regreted the purchase. I moved up from the XLT and still have a long way to go, but the detector is really user friendly and I learn a little something everytime out. The Spectra-Graph and analyze functions are cool, but the tones are what get my attention. I love the wireless headset and also purchased the Eclipse 6x10 coil for the trashy parks. Watch all of the videos, read the manual, and enjoy:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread