new yard yields a silver

pahiker2008

Mar 27, 2008
sheffield
Detector(s) used
white's coinmaster 6000 Di
Weather finally nice my dad and i went out today o a new yard. i was using my trusty Whites 6000Di and dad his new MineLab xterra 70. we were out at this place for about an hour and a half total today. when we first arrived i got all set up and balanced and went right to work. swung right beside the house and up and down the side walk found couple memorial pennies and a 67 dime. then i went to work on rest of front yard couple wheaties nothign real big. decided to go out back went down that side walk then i decided to "grid" and area in the back yard.... good idea. started swing and on about the 3rd or 4th swing got a solid dime signal. i figured hey its a diem it can go towards this years clad count. i pin pointed it about 3 1/2 to 4 inches down still not very excited... then i pulled out the plug i cut and right in the bottom of it at depth my coinmaster told me it was there laid i nice silver barber dime.. wawhoooo my first barber then lil while later in same area i had a tab signal seemed kind mixed so i pin pointed it said it was 6" down i dug and dug just couldnt find it. had dad come over and see if he could find it. he swung his over it and said i was digging junk i asked him to see if he could find it and dig it for me anyway. lo and behold he pulled out the buffalo nickel another first for me.... it was about 2" further in the ground than i pinpointed it. well i guess i bored ya'lll enough but it sur emade my day. gonna try puttin on pics if it doesnt work i will ge tthem on asap. thanks and hope you enjoyed my second post. LOL
DSCN7424.jpg

DSCN7425.jpg

IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/pahiker2008/DSCN7428.jpg[/IMG]
DSCN7430.jpg

Upvote 0

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
Nice dime...liberty is even visible still. BUT, that has to be one of the worse looking injuns I've seen lol...soil conditions must be rough huh. I found a similar penny one time. It was so corroded it looked like I used electrolysis on it for about 2 months. Nice finds either way!

OP
OP
pahiker2008

pahiker2008

Mar 27, 2008
sheffield
Detector(s) used
white's coinmaster 6000 Di
yes soil isnt good to these coins. the 1888 is my oldest coin yet. can't wait to get back to it again

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Still in search of a Barber...Yours looks great. Keep up the luck! jgas

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.