OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck getting that new years gold. You going crevicing or detecting, or....

Detecting, but going to wait for things to thaw out. Won’t be big, but it will be yellow.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Nice wish you much success!!
I think I got a bit of a cold so I had to stay in the last few days.
Health , wealth and nuggets to ya!!

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cold this morning. 3” crust of frozen ground, so I worked on some equipment and burned brush all day.
Just as the sun was starting to get kind of low and things were starting to freeze back up, I headed out to find that new year gold.

Only had 30 minutes before my fingers were hurting from the cold.
Kind of dirty but it’s gold.

71951A77-A008-4E3D-8EC4-FCD1BA710393.jpeg

Also found a sickle that was used to cut a very small patch of dry land grass for the animals.
I think someone cut the handle off to make a knife. It’s still very sharp, not a nick in the edge.
I’ll hang it on a shed someday. Till then it joins the pile.
973D50C7-A538-408A-93E1-72449AA4686A.jpeg

Oh ya..my brother was also burning some brush today that he had pushed up with the dozer. His fire was smoking as the sun set, causing it to hang low and slowly drift.
He gets a phone call from a friend that the fire department is on there way responding to an out of control grass fire on our property. Huge fire with no one around. He meets them at the gate...4 engines, a water tender and a couple pick up trucks. He tells them there is no out of control fire, just some weirdo making a false report. Fire department was good with everything and left. People are freaking out every time they see smoke!!

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Wow plenty of excitement for new years..lol

Great work on getting New Years gold, looks great!!

What model detector you beep em out with?
Congrats on the gold and much more to you in the new year!!

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow plenty of excitement for new years..lol

Great work on getting New Years gold, looks great!!

What model detector you beep em out with?
Congrats on the gold and much more to you in the new year!!

Thanks. I found them with the Makro Gold Racer small round DD coil.
It will really pick out the small pieces when audio boost is turned on.
That smallest piece is probably .5 grain? Maybe

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats sir, well done.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cold this morning. 3” crust of frozen ground, so I worked on some equipment and burned brush all day.
Just as the sun was starting to get kind of low and things were starting to freeze back up, I headed out to find that new year gold.

Only had 30 minutes before my fingers were hurting from the cold.
Kind of dirty but it’s gold.

View attachment 1666529

Also found a sickle that was used to cut a very small patch of dry land grass for the animals.
I think someone cut the handle off to make a knife. It’s still very sharp, not a nick in the edge.
I’ll hang it on a shed someday. Till then it joins the pile.
View attachment 1666530

Oh ya..my brother was also burning some brush today that he had pushed up with the dozer. His fire was smoking as the sun set, causing it to hang low and slowly drift.
He gets a phone call from a friend that the fire department is on there way responding to an out of control grass fire on our property. Huge fire with no one around. He meets them at the gate...4 engines, a water tender and a couple pick up trucks. He tells them there is no out of control fire, just some weirdo making a false report. Fire department was good with everything and left. People are freaking out every time they see smoke!!

Well now, that is one new year resolution at least partially fulfilled.:thumbsup: Good luck in adding to the total.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did have a back up plan. Was going to sweep up the mud that I stomp off my boots each night and pan it out.
There would have been at least a speck of fly poop in it guaranteed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread