NEW YEARS DAY, AND A US PLATE TO START IT OFF RIGHT...

L

lovedigging

I met up with my brother DCooper1 this evening for a couple hours to dig a site he had gotten permission to hunt. This was my fifth trip out with him at this site and we did pretty good once again. My first signal was two bullets in the same hole and a few minutes later I dug the New York Button. A little while later I hit an area that had about ten bullets in a pretty small area, This is where I dug the Eagle Infantry button. A short while later I found my first batwing and was surprised to see it still had the leather on the back. Just before dark I dug a couple pieces of melted lead and when I stood up to sweep the area again I hit a really good signal. When I removed the plug I was really shocked to see an oval plate laying there at the bottom of my hole. It doesn't have the lead back and as you can see it's in pretty rough shape but still a plate. What a great way to start the New Year! Good luck to everyone this year....

Attachments

• US PLATE.jpg
    US PLATE.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 561
  • BUTTONS.jpg
    BUTTONS.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 563
  • BATWING.jpg
    BATWING.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 563
  • BATWING BACK.jpg
    BATWING BACK.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 564
  • JAN. 1st FINDS.jpg
    JAN. 1st FINDS.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck of a way to start the new year! Congrats!
Mike

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG! :icon_sunny: Hope my new year starts out as good as yours!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Haul on the relics man!! Looks like you may have an artillery gimlet too the iron thingy with finger sized hole used to pierce the powder bag before inserting the fuse. Nice! :thumbsup:

Steve

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
That is a fine example of what a New Year's Day hunt should be! I'm hoping that puts you well on your way to reaching your New Year's Resolution?! Happy Hunting and keep on finding some great Civil War artifacts.

Nate

PS - Place out a career long picture of your collection if you have one.

Thanks...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How Sweet is that Todd.....Day 1 was very good to you,N.Y. Button to boot and an Eagle I to boot.Still looking for my first batwing,one day soon ;D All's you have to do is say the magic word and I'm there ::) Great Dig's!!! :thumbsup:

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
You two are going to have a museum full of artifacts before this year is
out! The batwing, the buttons, AND the plate.........HOLY &^%$!!!!
Please keep sharing your awesome finds.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a years worth of great relics for most hunters right there COOP!!! I really like the lead button. WTG!!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys just keep smokin, Fantastic finds. Where you using the Whites XLT when you found
the plate? How hot was the soil? Just a few questions. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go. A plate to start the year off is a sure sign your year is going to be a good one. I like that bat wing belt tip you found. Years of hunting and I am yet to find my first one of those. Nice buttons too. Think you might want to pay another visit to that spot. I'll be glad to carry your bags for you. :icon_pirat:

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those great finds!

OP
OP
L

lovedigging

Goldiver said:
Sweet Haul on the relics man!! Looks like you may have an artillery gimlet too the iron thingy with finger sized hole used to pierce the powder bag before inserting the fuse. Nice! :thumbsup:

Steve
Steve, Thanks for the information. I wondered what that was but hadn't had time to look in the Crouch's Bible to see what it was. Again Thanks!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread