New Years Eve Road Trip......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I was off today & the last day of the year I decided to take one last trip in 07. Just like Friday I again left early this morning and hit the road.

Although I did deviate from my plans......I never made it to the town I was to start in....lol. I got sidetracked and stayed that way the whole day. Oh well, that just leaves my original route for another trip.

Most of the keepers came from two banks......my 1st stop and the 2nd stop.....almost 80 keepers from 34 rolls on my first stop......one roll was solid silver. The next stop produced about almost 20 and the balance was from the rest of the stops which weren't that many due to banks closing early or vault tellers gone for the day. After getting good results from these first two bank stops that is the reason I decided to hunt in the area and never made it to my intended destination.

One bank I called while on my route had $1100 in the vault.... :o, but the vault teller was out until Wednesday...... >:(. They could be another CRH'ers dump, but if they are how come he didn't hit the first two banks that I stopped at??? ??? All of these banks are pretty close to each other. I will find out because I just have to know.....ha! You never know until to you try.

Now it's off to the shower and the New Years parties......hubby & I have two to go to with plenty of music and dancing.......shaking a leg tonite.......ha!!!

The totals......

11-64's
3-65's
17-66's
40-67's
32-68's
15-69's
3-Franklin's: 52, 62-D & 63-D
5-Proofs: 2x78, 83, 92 & 95

126 Keepers

I also found a 1917 British Penny and an Italian coin which I think is a Lire?? I don't know anything about it so if anything does please feel free to tell me what the heck it is. Thanks in advance.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

Attachments

• PC030013.jpg
    PC030013.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 267
  • PC030010.jpg
    PC030010.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 274
  • PC030011.jpg
    PC030011.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 271
  • PC030012.jpg
    PC030012.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Sweet, congrats!!! What a bunch of clueless people in LA. How can anyone just throw away so much good silver for face???? Unbelievable!! Must move there soon ;D ;D

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Nice LJ. My bank got robbed so I couldn't P/U my box. But I did find 2 silver rings MDing for the last of the year hunt.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_35.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 256

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
sounds to me like it is time to take a road trip to Louisianna.... LOL

Congrats
Cat
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that Italian 100 lira is steel...is there no metal you can't find LJ???

What a capper on a rookie year for the record books. Congrats on the latest and greatest haul LJ! Best of luck in 2008, like you need it! ;D

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say L.J. Hope I can come clo0se to your totals in 08.

Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all....it was fun. Road trips always are.

awhitster said:
Nice LJ. My bank got robbed so I couldn't P/U my box. But I did find 2 silver rings MDing for the last of the year hunt.

Nice job with the stick AW. Not one but two....phew. Was that bank robbed for real???

Cat J said:
sounds to me like it is time to take a road trip to Louisianna.... LOL

Congrats
Cat
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Come on down CJ......there is plenty to go around. I'll tell you where I haven't been...... ;)

Immy said:
I think that Italian 100 lira is steel...is there no metal you can't find LJ???

What a capper on a rookie year for the record books. Congrats on the latest and greatest haul LJ! Best of luck in 2008, like you need it! ;D

Thanks for the info Immy. I didn't know what it was made from.

enamel7 said:
What can I say L.J. Hope I can come clo0se to your totals in 08.

Happy Hunting!

I doubt I'll come close to the 07 totals but it won't be for lack of trying...ha.

ME_CO said:
Nice haul LJ. I'm savin ME roadtrip to get a jump on next year. HH and Happy New Year, Mark

Saving your road trip huh....is that like cheating.....ha! Good luck.

cocrh said:
Sweet, congrats!!! What a bunch of clueless people in LA. How can anyone just throw away so much good silver for face???? Unbelievable!! Must move there soon ;D ;D

I don't think this is the case cocrh. I think it was sitting there for a long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread