New Years Eve silver - the cookies paid off!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
New Year's Eve silver - the cookies paid off!

Took off work early today, as many of my banks closed early for the holiday. Was able to dump most of my halves, and was real pleased about that! Picked up a box of halves that I wasn't able to Saturday, so I'll have that to go through tonight, try to pad my numbers for 2012.

And on my way home I stopped by the one bank I gave a box of Christmas cookies to that I don't have an account with. The tellers there are really friendly, and I've scored silver there more than once. In fact, this is the bank that the teller actually mentioned that the half she was giving me was silver!

Anyway, I asked if they had any halves, and after thanking me for the cookies the head teller said she only had $1 worth. I bought them, and what do you know, one was a '64!

:hello2:

Picked up a bunch of CWR dimes and nickels, and another $130 in halves from a different branch, so I'm hoping to end the year with a bang. Still, can't argue with a 90% on the last day of the year!

Good luck to you all in the new year, and HH!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
OMG! After going back through the threads to look for the post I made concerning the half that the teller acknowledged was silver, I thought that that was the first silver I found in 2012!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/277513-first-silver-2012-a.html

What are the odds that I'd find my first and last silver of the year at the same bank branch?!? :o

Upon closer review of my post, it was actually the second day I'd found silver that year, but still! Looks like Valentine's Day chocolates are definitely in order!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck on the CWR's you have for later tonight there FT and good luck in the New Year too! I just finished my last search of the year and posted it. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions