New York Alluvial Gold

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Besides the frigid weather from Canada and some fine places to eat in Montreal, yes, there is gold in southern Quebec. The placer deposits discovered in the 1830's led to one of the first gold rushes in North America. Like all good things, it "expired" in 1964 with the closing of the last commercial operation. But, not before the extraction of 4 metric tons or about 128,000 ounces of our favorite metal. The glaciers left gold scattered all over the place in no logical manner, but the stuff is still there. Apparently, mother nature has no idea of the concept of geopolitical boundaries. It's found south of the 48th parallel in some of the New England states as the glaciers receded. The Canadian government and the Geological Survey of Canada, produced a 15 page document, maps included, describing the distribution and origin of the glacial gold placers of southern Quebec province, Canada.

I was originally planning to head out to Nevada, but a stone house with 2 foot thick walls presented itself for sale, 600 meters south of the Canadian border, in the town of Champlain, NY. I plan on using my MineLab 1000 to explore the abundant streams and rivers in upstate New York. All gold found, will be turned over immediately to the state of New York without fail as required by law! Trust me.

Because TN does not have a library of files for Canadian provinces... I've created a few search suggestions for the users. Google the following text strings to help you in your search. You will need a valid US passport to enter Canada, COVID-19 vaccine documentation, and a Canadian mining permit (inexpensive and fast to obtain). They have not totally californicated artisenal mining. DO NOT TRANSPORT EVEN THE SMALLEST QUANTITY OF CANNABIS... it's a big no no.

"Gisements alluviaux d'or Quebec
"Alluvial gold deposits Quebec"

"Quebec gold mines"
"Mines d'or du Québec"

"Gold nuggets and placer deposits in Quebec"
"Pepites d'or et gisements de placer au Quebec"

"Gold prospecting in Quebec"
"Prospection d'or au Québec"

The map below was produced from an image in the public domain of the Canadian Geological Survey. Permission to use is implied.
1671991070101.jpeg

Attachments

• placerGold.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Besides the frigid weather from Canada and some fine places to eat in Montreal, yes, there is gold in southern Quebec. The placer deposits discovered in the 1830's led to one of the first gold rushes in North America. Like all good things, it "expired" in 1964 with the closing of the last commercial operation. But, not before the extraction of 4 metric tons or about 128,000 ounces of our favorite metal. The glaciers left gold scattered all over the place in no logical manner, but the stuff is still there. Apparently, mother nature has no idea of the concept of geopolitical boundaries. It's found south of the 48th parallel in some of the New England states as the glaciers receded. The Canadian government and the Geological Survey of Canada, produced a 15 page document, maps included, describing the distribution and origin of the glacial gold placers of southern Quebec province, Canada.

I was originally planning to head out to Nevada, but a stone house with 2 foot thick walls presented itself for sale, 600 meters south of the Canadian border, in the town of Champlain, NY. I plan on using my MineLab 1000 to explore the abundant streams and rivers in upstate New York. All gold found, will be turned over immediately to the state of New York without fail as required by law! Trust me.

The map below was produced from an image in the public domain of the Canadian Geological Survey. Permission to use is implied.
Do a Google search on "Gisements alluviaux d'or Quebec" pick what you need or just explore with your mouse. Bon Chance!!!
View attachment 2061105
Did not know this thanks for pointing out.

OP
OP
ncclaymaker

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did not know this thanks for pointing out.
I had no idea either... was going on the "alternate factoids" presented by others that exploration wouldn't cover fuel costs. Facts presented by the CGS, suggest otherwise.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had no idea either... was going on the "alternate factoids" presented by others that exploration wouldn't cover fuel costs. Facts presented by the CGS, suggest otherwise.
Maybe you could get lucky and start finding some large boulders with the fine values in them.
Your eyes and a metal detector could help out.
If you can spot some at the surface this would really cut down your fuel costs for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread