New York Sheriff Openly REFUSES to Enforce Anti-Gun Laws

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheriff Openly REFUSES to Enforce Anti-Gun Laws

The president doesn’t have the authority to pick and choose which constitutional laws he will enforce. But he does anyway. What would happen if someone used that same stance to defend the constitution itself? I think we know the answer to that.

Sheriff Timothy Howard in New York is making a stand, saying he will openly refuse to enforce the new anti-gun laws passed in New York by Gov. Cuomo. He said the constitution is more important to him.

This is perfectly legal for him to do. The constitution trumps all federal and state law, so any unconstitutional “law” isn’t binding legally and shouldn’t be enforced.

According to*Buffalo News:

It’s no secret Sheriff Timothy B. Howard is opposed to New York’s new gun-control law.

But Howard, who is running for re-election this year, is now ratcheting up his opposition by filing a friend of the court brief in the lawsuit seeking to overturn the SAFE Act and, even more important perhaps, by suggesting the law not be enforced.

“I’m more than reluctant,” he said of the new law Thursday. “I won’t enforce it.”

Howard, one of four sheriffs who joined in filing the brief this week, said he considers the law unconstitutional and a waste of valuable resources, and believes it will ultimately be overturned by the courts.

The law, passed in January, is the subject of a federal court challenge in Buffalo by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, and others. The suit claims the law violates an individual’s right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment.

“The Constitution is the law of the land,” Howard said. “If you know it’s a violation of the Constitution, how can you enforce it?”

That’s not all the sheriff said. He went even further, explaining that his main goal was defending the United States Constitution.

According to the*Niagara Falls Reporter:

“In every police officer’s oath of office, the very first thing we raise our hand to is we’re sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States,” said Sheriff Howard, explaining why he won’t enforce the SAFE Act. “Everything else comes after that. Any time there’s a debate between the state and the federal Constitution, we’ve been taught and how it should be, the Constitution prevails.”

Here’s the news clip about the sheriff:

VIDEO: Sheriff Openly REFUSES to Enforce Anti-Gun Laws

The governor has promised to possibly use “executive power” to “remove” sheriffs. Once again, the anti-gunners show what their goal really is: consolidate power and create a totalitarian system.

Good for Sheriff Howard. I look forward to his stand in the future.

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/sheriff-defends-justice/

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions