New Yorker

slick848

Mar 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Im from upstate NY and have been interested in gold prospecting for sometime now,just never got around to it,im a 100% disabled veteran and have problems with my legs and back ,but if i take my time i can walk and do most things,im not going to give up and say i cant do it, im 66 years young and was hurt in Viet Nam,so as you get older things hurt even more. This has been on my bucket list and im going to do it before i cant,so what i need now is for someone to let me know where i can go to pan for gold and have some fun for my wife and i,i would appreciate all the info you can give me and what states i can go to to find some GOLD. Thanks everyone.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard and thank you for your service to our great country! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Slick. Welcome to TreasureNet, and thank you for your service. I am North of Albany and we go to VT and NH for prospecting. We don't find much gold, but the wife and I enjoy the prospecting, camping, and being out in nature.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our forum glad you’re here!

0D80CA6F-A15F-4F21-A1EC-CD6A7ABCE4C9.jpeg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi and good luck.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 And Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Hope you find PANS full! 💰

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome from Southeast Louisiana. From one veteran to another, Thank you for serving :icon_salut:... "D"

OP
OP
S

slick848

Mar 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Possumcop, thanks for your messages,i like them but one thing i did was to continue hunting when i got home,love to deer hunt,its the only thing that keeps me going,do you hunt, i heard nothing but good things about hunting down that way,wish we had the deer you have up here,i love to be close to nature and that's the way i get close,stay in touch fellow VET Brother.what was your outfit and when did you serve, Later brother

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard from CT. Thank you for your service! I hope you find lots of gold!:thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Im from upstate NY and have been interested in gold prospecting for sometime now,just never got around to it,im a 100% disabled veteran and have problems with my legs and back ,but if i take my time i can walk and do most things,im not going to give up and say i cant do it, im 66 years young and was hurt in Viet Nam,so as you get older things hurt even more. This has been on my bucket list and im going to do it before i cant,so what i need now is for someone to let me know where i can go to pan for gold and have some fun for my wife and i,i would appreciate all the info you can give me and what states i can go to to find some GOLD. Thanks everyone.

Hi Slick! I'm downstate in White Plains. The only gold in New York State, is glacial gold pushed down from Canada. For the most part it is micro-gold. You'll never pay for your gasoline, much less equipment, panning or prospecting in New York. Connecticut, Vermont, yes, New York, no. Thank you for your service! Terry 1/41 FA, US Army, '73-'76

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Brownwood in central Texas! I spent many months of the past 30 years panning and sluicing for gold. The best place I've found in the continental U.S. is in the Feather River Canyon of northern California. I usually camped near Rich Bar off of Hwy. 70 and found gold there and on many of the small streams and creeks that feed into the Feather. It's located between Quincy and Oroville, California and is about 120 miles west of Reno, Nevada.
~Texas Jay
Photo of me on an old grader that we discovered in 1988 while exploring the Canyon.

Jay & Jerry Discovery.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread