Newb in Elgin

Nick T

Aug 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
I use a Teknetics Omega 8000 w/11DD and 10con , a Fisher CZ-70 pro , teknetics pinpointer.
Hi - I've been looking for some md buddies in my area. I've hit most of the areas in Elgin, Sleepy Hollow, carpentersville and Dundee.

I was beginning to think I was the only one in this area until I found this site. Both my wife and I hunt and really enjoy the hobby.

Looking forward to meeting some detectorist and sharing stories.

Regards, Nick

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the IL section of TNet Nick :thumbsup:

The reason you probably haven't seen us around is we all tend to hunt the
wooded FP areas :D

There's about 10 to 15 of us meeting at Buffalo Wings (Hwy 59 & Higgins)
late afternoon tomorrow (Sunday) . . . the time is yet to be determined.
You & your wife are more than welcome to join us. . . we'd love to meet you :hello:

Check out "TreasureFiends" post in the IL forum part of TNet.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Welcome aboard. I'll be out around town tomorrow morning about 8:30 if you guys wanna come out and play!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop by Buffalo Wild Wings at 2:00pm SUNDAY at I90 near 59 and Higgins and meet and greet with a bunch of us

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard buddy, and yes stop by Buffalo Wild Wings with the wife and you can get a crash course in some of the finds that we made over the years!!! Hope to see you 2 there. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Nick T. Metal detecting is alot of fun and more fun hunting with friends here on T-Net.

OP
OP
Nick T

Nick T

Aug 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
I use a Teknetics Omega 8000 w/11DD and 10con , a Fisher CZ-70 pro , teknetics pinpointer.
Thanks for the kind welcome! I will try to make the BWW meet. But my dance card is pretty full today.

So you guys hunt the FP's? I have been working the parks. I thought the fp's were off limits. I will have to give them a try.

Thanks again,

Nick

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Welcome Nick,

I never knew the full extent of the membership of this hobby either until I met up with the guys here a few year ago. I had seen people here and there but didn't think the hobby was as popular as it really is. In fact, since I have gotten involved with group hunts and such, I've seen a large flux of new hobbyists, so it seems the hobby is growing steadily.

Lowbatts is our resident Elgin guru and overall north Illinois historian. I still haven't gotten out that way yet but I fully intend to some time soon, hopefully I'll run into you. I'm in Chicago, north side.

Hope you can make it out to BWW...

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
twistidd said:
Welcome Nick,

I never knew the full extent of the membership of this hobby either until I met up with the guys here a few year ago. I had seen people here and there but didn't think the hobby was as popular as it really is. In fact, since I have gotten involved with group hunts and such, I've seen a large flux of new hobbyists, so it seems the hobby is growing steadily.

Lowbatts is our resident Elgin guru and overall north Illinois historian. I still haven't gotten out that way yet but I fully intend to some time soon, hopefully I'll run into you. I'm in Chicago, north side.

Joe

G-O-O-F, that spells guru....
Any smarter and I'd be an intellectual understudy for Deputy Barney Fife.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Lowbatts said:
twistidd said:
Welcome Nick,

Joe

G-O-O-F, that spells guru....
Any smarter and I'd be an intellectual understudy for Deputy Barney Fife.

How do you spell modesty? L-O-W-B-A-T-T-S

That's right

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
BTW, check out today's Herald, Fox Valley section, page 4!

First time out with me and you made the news!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread