NewB

wes wilson

Mar 15, 2014
washington state
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm Wes from Oregon currently in Wa state, Mt Vernon area. I'm looking for ghost towns, prospecting and would really like some help deciding on a metal detector. I screwed up and bought a Whites Eagle 2 when they first came out (great detector, but way over my head (k.i.s.s.)) I need something to start with, but not have to upgrade right away. Thanks in advance. Great site!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold panning.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi. Gold miners.jpg

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Wes; Any detector in the $600 dollar range will do just about anything you might want to do. I have personally owned the high dollar type detectors and now have a Garrett AT Pro that does everything the other ones claimed to do. I'm 80 years young and spend every morning out in the parks, school grounds, "Tot Lots" and etc. Because of my age I can only swing a coil for about two hours and it is time to quit. Yesterday morning I came home with 42 coins, this morning came home with 19 coins. Worked the same area again this morning just to see how much I had missed. You will never completely clean out an area. By the way, I was born and raised on the other side of the Cascade Mountains at Lake Chelan. Would love to return there with my detector cause I can remember places that I use to play with all my buddies and I'll bet it has never been detected. I now live in Vero Beach Florida and have decided to never live north of the "Palm Tree Line". When you get your detector read the owners manual over and over and over. Then get out in the field and practice, practice, practice. "Happy Dirt Fishing" LYNNE

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with LGP. I grew up with Garrett machines and now own the Garrett AT Gold. A good starter (in my humble opinion and growing up with Garrett machines) I would start with ACE 250. Great detector at a great price. Sorry I have not had much experience with other brands. I'm sure others will chime in. Welcome to the forum and happy hunting.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett AT Pro is a very versatile detector. It's fairly easy to use, but challenging enough to keep your interest. Give me a call if I can answer any questions for you.

Welcome to Treasurenet!

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread