• gold.JPG
    gold.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,677
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum fbeal. That's some nice color and pickin's. Hopefully the big one is still stee waitin'on ya. HH

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
As they say "Look for gold were gold was found and you will always find more" Great finds, welcome to the form and keep us posted on your finds.

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Not bad at all...and by the way what is your location in MONTANA ?? I may not be too far away from you. ARCOM

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Beal!!! WTG! WOW.

Get out the sluice or Hibanker and setup, if you found that there has got to be more.. send me some dirt!!!

Way to go, I wish I could find such a spot. I am from Montana also, maybe we should all (Montanan's) get together sometime and put our efforts together and see what we come up with. I want to get out but work has been keeping me real busy this spring. I just recently discovered this great site and it has been occupying a lot of time just reading a lot of the past postings.

Keep up the good work!

RAD in Mt

W

wepc

Here's a tip for the Montana prospectors. Find Cedar Creek in Western Montana, there is non claimed land you can pan on if you do a little research.
I panned there, and theres good gold.

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Nice job, good gold makes us all want to go there, keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Hardrock

chucktx8

May 10, 2005
There is nothing as beautiful as that yellow gold peaping out from under the black sand. It makes u forgut your akin back. Well almost:-) chucktx8

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

goldenboyofwa said:
What river was this find on.
Hey Golden.....good try...but this post is 3 month old, If you look up you will see that I basically asked the same question but never got an answer......Good luck on your vacation. ARCOM ;D ;D

OP
OP
F

fbeal

Sorry guys- haven't been to the forum lately.

I found it in Hoilday Gulch, which is very near York, Montana ( Just east of Helena )

Get in touch if you want to go prospecting sometime.

Do you live in the Helena area? I live just a few miles North of there, In fact, I will try to get to Helena tomorrow (14th) evening for the monthly meeting of the Helena Mineral Society. It is a very active club and may be worth your time to check it out.

Keep up the good work!! RAD in MT

OP
OP
F

fbeal

Free2Detect - It's a really nice place to live. Lot's of gold mines!

A friend bought a used GoldBugII and found a piece of quartz with crystalline gold in it his first week, in some tailings not far from where I sluiced the gold in the picture.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
WYoming or MT be the place for me if I didn't have two kids in school here in Omaha.

I'd be roaming between AK in the Summer, MT, WY in the fall and and AZ, south CA, and NM in the Winter, Spring.. Living the life of a romantic nomad prospector!! argrrh matie. An old friend used to say to me (when I was single, my pockets jingle)..

mirkaba

Dec 7, 2004
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Pretty nice gold........I am up in Lincoln, MT. and hve found a little gold in my neighborhood too :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread