Newbie finds

OldQuest

Oct 8, 2019
N California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After finding what appeared to be stone foundation piers of an old cabin on my property in the Sierra Nevada foothills, and then finding lots of square nails and old cans and stuff with my magnet cart, I decided it might be fun to invest in a real metal detector. Here's what turned up the first day. My wife found the arrowhead while sifting through the dirt I dug up.

IMAG0925.jpg

Upvote 25

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet from Southern California. Those are very cool finds. The arrowhead is a great find. Good luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard OldQuest! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to TODAY'S FINDS! for more exposure.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from central Tejas!

Extraordinary first time finds....nicely done!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have the itch! Love finding old tools! Nice hunt.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice axe and ox shoe. Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard. Ox shoe, axe head, arrowhead, and misc relics. Tells a lot about the area.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , any chance of some close up pics of the arrowhead ? Also really neat axe .... any idea on the age of it ?

OP
OP
O

OldQuest

Oct 8, 2019
N California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This shot includes another arrowhead that I found on the property a couple years ago. Completely different style, and probably made of obsidian. I'm guessing the latest one is much older, perhaps before the obsidian trade networks were as well established.

The ax head has some stamped lettering, the only words clearly legible are "PHILA" and "STEEL", as well as a stamped number "1". But I can also make out "MM", so my guess is that it was made by C. Hammond of Philadelphia, probably cast steel cutting edge.

IMAG0941.jpg

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Hope you do well with your new investment. Thanks for sharing.

And welcome from the Mts. of N. Georgia.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevada foothills that's a great place to start you will be amazed at all the cool relics and coins you'll find this hobby is very addicting nice axe and arrowhead. Welcome to tnet I wish you the best of luck and cant wait to see more of your finds. Tommy

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome abord from wisconsin. heck of a first time out. you are on good land for sure. love the roofing axe. sure would like one of those. keep it up!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice variety of finds, OldQuest and Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :hello: Ox shoes are very cool. I find a lot of them and they had me scratching my head until someone id'd them for me. Love the arrowheads especially! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

OldQuest

Oct 8, 2019
N California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice variety of finds, OldQuest and Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :hello: Ox shoes are very cool. I find a lot of them and they had me scratching my head until someone id'd them for me. Love the arrowheads especially! :thumbsup:

A local historian told me that ox shoes in this part of California date a site to before 1862-1863. when the transition from oxen to mules was pretty much complete.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Nice relics. I noticed 2 sardine can keys. I’ll bet you’ll find more keepers in that area. Keep at it and good luck.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome and nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread