Newbie fom the Show Me State

DonFG

Aug 19, 2011
St Peters, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Greetings from St. Peters, MO., it's been a few years since I did any MDing. Used to have a Whites XLT and a Garrett 350, sold those awhile back. Never really found much of interest at the time. Mostly due to other projects. Just bought a new Garrett Ace 350, should be in my hands on Thursday, and looking to get back into the hunt.

I have a few place lined up for me to start at. Seriously injured my back a few years ago and been conforming the Lazyboy to my body contours, Doc says I have to get the LAzyboy off my rear and do some walking. So, I got a jeep and 2 dogs to keep me company, maybe we'll meet somewhere along the way and swap stories.

Don FG

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don,Best therapy there is! You need to get off your butt and go find some treasure!!!!!!!!Worked for me,when I'm moving I'm fine,set around and I tend to stiffen up,stay active man!GodBless HH Chris

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Welcome to TNet, Don! You'll find plenty to keep you thinking about here. It's going to take some time to work through everything in the Missouri forums alone.

Get yourself some really good knee pads: they'll pay for themselves quickly. Also need a pinpointer and a good digging tool, like a Lesche.

I'd suggest starting with some research, online if possible: what is the nearest (to you) oldest area of habitation? Any parks or parking strip areas near there open to MDing? How about older schools, parks, even historic homesites? Treasure is lost in direct proportion to the number of people in the area. Should be lots in your area. Just going to take some time to figure out what interests you the most.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon! Good luck to you and wish you many great finds with your new detector! Get out there and walk, walk, walk! :walk: :walk: :walk: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread