Newbie from California

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
Hi I would like to introduce myself,
I am new here and fairly new to searching for gold. I just got back into panning (yup I am really slow) and sluicing with my dad after being out of the game for over 30 years. Spent a few days at a camp a couple weeks ago with my dad learning how dredges, high bankers, power sluices, hand sluices work. It was very cool! I enjoy it very much as I don't live too far from the Mother lode country! I look forward to learning from all of you. Yup I need to buy the book gold prospecting for Dummies! lol
I am hoping to spend 2 weeks in the mountians with my dad real soon. He and I are best friends and to me that's awesome! I am married for 20+ years, we have a daughter and a son both are married. I have 2 grandsons, one is almost 3 years old and the other is almost 3 months olds old. I also love fishing fresh or salt water love them both and go at least 2-3 times a week.
This is me!

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 802

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
welcomeplaque.gif Glad your here Destobrat !You'll enjoy it !! ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to T-net and to mugs! So glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing your finds!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to mugs and good luck on your quest for gold. I'm in N. Calif. and close to gold country also. I don't go out looking too much yet but it's in the works. It's fun just getting out and, if you find something, all the better. Do you metal detect?

Cormier

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2007
Hi destobrat, I'm new to the forum also (from southern california). I envy you for living so close to Hwy 49 and all those prime nugget locations. My mother-in-law lives up in Carmichael (outside of Sacramento) and I've thought about moving up there some day to be closer to the Mother Lode. Good luck in your search for gold, and if dad has any pointers you're willing to share with us, please feel free. I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. Cormier

OP
OP
destobrat

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
I dont have a metal detector yet, notice I said yet! lol and Yes I have kids that old, lol they both got married right out of high school!

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Welcome to Mugs!
Going to the mountains to pan sounds great, heck, going to the mountains sounds great! :D
Grandchildren?? Wow, you sure don't look old enough to be a grandma. ;D
DD

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, I have an aunt that lives in Galt,
maybe I can come up & do some panning some day.
Fossis............

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gal...Welcome to T-Net. It's always great to see more females joining the forum. I know nothing of panning and sluicing, but I would like to try it one day. Take plenty of pics on your next trip...can't wait to see em.

;) RR

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Im just south of you in Merced. Good luck on your gold adventures. cooter

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Another cute treasure hunter!!! Wish I was closer to Gold country somtimes we have the llano but it is rare to get anything really big there, who knows with all this rain lately though. post some Gold for us, maybe some prospecting pictures.
Ditto what diggitdoggie said, to youg looking to be called granny, must be that California air.

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the TNet family.

and also from a fellow Californian from Long Beach

HH from M2

Timberwolf

Silver Member