Newbie From France

Jannie Junk

Aug 5, 2011
Hi all
I'm a Brit living in a very rural region of France.
For my sins I do house and barn clearances and often come across old bottles that interest me. I usually try to sell these bottles on the Net, but I like to find out a bit of history about them first. Normally I end up batting my head against the proverbial Brick Wall, but, what the heck? That's life.
Apart from a love of old bottles (and anything old) which I would like to share with you, I also joined to pick your brains about some things I have trouble finding out about. I hope some of you can help me in the future and wont take offence at my asking.

cheers
Jannie

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Welcome to the board. My late grandfather was from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire.

I'm no bottle expert but there are plenty of knowledgeable posters here who I am sure will be more than willing to assist you. This is a great site and I look forward to seeing pics of all your finds.

You also have my condolences in regards to your recent relocation to frogland AKA: France

Just kidding....

OP
OP
J

Jannie Junk

Aug 5, 2011
Hi and Thanks for the welcome. As a sproglet I lived not to far from High Wycombe, well, down at Heathrow. But during many lifetimes I have lived in a lot of places around Southern Eng. Now (sigh) I'm here. Slap bang in the middle of France.
Hopefully I've posted a pic of a bottle I found recently. I think it's 1940's. Embossed with the name of a local Lemonade producer - LIMONADERIE DE LA SOUTERRAINE. It's unusual in that it has L.3/\\\ for the size of the bottle (the 3 bars are staggered in size but I can't do that).
cheers
Jannie

Attachments

• P1030635.JPG
    P1030635.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 110

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TN Jannie. :hello: You may not remember, depends how ancient you are, :laughing9: but many years ago there used to be door to door deliveries to your house of 'Corona pop'. I wouldn't think the actual bottle is very old going by what I have just said.

'U'

OP
OP
J

Jannie Junk

Aug 5, 2011
Oh! I'm ancient. Not Veritable Ancient, but getting that way.

Way, Way back in the early 1950's we had pop delivered to the door and my (late) mum said that pop/milk etc was delivered long before that.
I mostly based my date on what my French friends have told me, but I am still investigating. I do know that (in France at least) this type of green bottle was phased out in the late 1940's/very early 1950's but I haven't been able to find out much about this particular factory.

Jannie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread