Newbie from the State of Washington

metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome from the mountains of northeastern Oregon! :hello:

Welcome from the mountains of northeastern Oregon! :hello:

I have family in Salem, Oregon

Maybe you might be able to point me in the right direction on what the laws are in your state about using a MD??

Hello and welcome from florida.

I have family in Salem, Oregon

Maybe you might be able to point me in the right direction on what the laws are in your state about using a MD??

edinwa, you'd have to be more specific in your question. Because "laws" vary within any state, depending on what and where you're doing it. So, for example, do you mean state-owned parks? Because bear in mind that even if you did read something about state owned parks there in that state, then that only applies to ...... doh .... state owned parks. It would have no bearing on other types parks (city, county, federal, private, etc...). And bear in mind that not all state land is state "park" land. Not all federal land is federal "park" land. BLM is another example of a type of federal land. And road right-of-ways are an example of land that's not "park" land. And so forth. Rarely ever is there anything so specific on a city and county level, btw.

Anyhow, you need to be more specific and ask which type place and location you're asking about.

Or .... you can just take the stance of going any place it's not posted to the contrary. I mean, sure, use common sense and avoid tromping around obvious sacred historic monuments. But when it comes to typical schools, parks, beaches, forests ......... then ..... were you planning on wearing neon orange and going in the middle of an archie convention? :)

edinwa, you'd have to be more specific in your question. Because "laws" vary within any state, depending on what and where you're doing it. So, for example, do you mean state-owned parks? Because bear in mind that even if you did read something about state owned parks there in that state, then that only applies to ...... doh .... state owned parks. It would have no bearing on other types parks (city, county, federal, private, etc...). And bear in mind that not all state land is state "park" land. Not all federal land is federal "park" land. BLM is another example of a type of federal land. And road right-of-ways are an example of land that's not "park" land. And so forth. Rarely ever is there anything so specific on a city and county level, btw.

Anyhow, you need to be more specific and ask which type place and location you're asking about.

Or .... you can just take the stance of going any place it's not posted to the contrary. I mean, sure, use common sense and avoid tromping around obvious sacred historic monuments. But when it comes to typical schools, parks, beaches, forests ......... then ..... were you planning on wearing neon orange and going in the middle of an archie convention? :)

Well I just wanted to be "pointed" in a direction to obtain information on the laws about Mding in the State of Oregon.

Or if ArfieBoy had any specifics on what he knows to be fact on public places that are okay to dig in Oregon.

Also maybe a link to a website that might info on what the laws are in his State.

Sorry for any confusion just thought since I quoted ArfieBoy and Salem is the capital of Oregon maybe he would respond.

Since I'm new at this I just wanted a little help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back