Owen

Mar 6, 2005
Sydney Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys and gals!.

First of all just want to say how great this site has been with encouraging me to take up detecting!. I am a keen fossicker and have been all my life so 'The Hunt' is in my blood.
My question is this, MineLab!, which MD in the MineLab range would be okay for beach detecting? I have been looking at the Explorer II or Excalibur models am i looking at the good ones? or is this Overkill ?.

I live in Australia (Sydney) and i have just received a big package from Minelab on their products so i have lots of info in front of me, just need some advice:) and i know this site can open my eyes to a few things ... Thanks in advance.? ?Owen

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Owen, welcome to the forum!
I mainly hunt at the beach, in dry and wet sand. I purchased the Minelab Quattro, and love it. Although the Excalibur, and Explorer are top of the line models from Minelab, I chose a "turn on an go" machine since I'm also new to detecting. This is my 2nd detector. I wanted simplicity, and feel that I have purchased the best machine for what I intend to use it for! 8)
I've also read that Fischer makes an excellent
Do a lot of research, ask for suggestions, and then make your own choice, everyone has their own personal preferences.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!! HH 8)

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hi Owen! I'm a newbie too and have only been detecting since January. I have a Minelab Sovereign Elite and love it! I use it both on dry land and the beach. I can also go into the water with it up to about my knees. This is just my humble opinion, but I hope it helps.

Vicki

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have The SOVEREIGN XS-2 Pro . I'v never done the Beach, But what I'v read of those that do, You Can't go rong, with any Multi Frequence MINELAB.

What it comes down to is, how many Bells & Whistles you want your detector to have.

JEFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread