Newbie here!!!

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, my name is Chrystal and im from Oklahoma. I own a teknetics delta 4000 and im still trying to get used to what all the different beeps are. I absolutely love my new hobbie as ive always been interested in both this and gold hunting, to bad I dont live in Alaska lol. Ive only found a few newer coins so far and I cant wait to find an older coin or a piece of history. Is anyone here from south central ok? Also does anyone have any ideas for places to go treasure hunting in my part of the world? Thanks for reading!!! :hello:

Upvote 0

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Welcome Chrystal!

I also own a teknetics delta 4000, got mine about a year ago. Some ideas of places you can go are: public parks - the older the better, schools, old swimming holes, your own yard, fair grounds or any other place where lots of people currently gather or have gathered in the past. You can also do some research and see if there are any ghost towns near you or abandoned military bases. Just do some research on the history of your town and go from there. After doing some research of the town I live in, I found a couple of old bottle factories, the Mormon Trail and a battlefield of an old Indian War. Hope this helps you spark some ideas!

OP
OP
C

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks brucebob. I do know that my town was built in the early 19th century and the first courthouse was built in 1895, not sure if its the same one thats in town or not though. We do have more brick streets than anywhere else in the world which is pretty cool. As for those places you mentioned, thank you and im itching to get out there.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chrystal, Get out of Oklahoma while you can! (just kidding!) I'll take the Hurricanes in FL or tha shakers in CA before I'll take the tornadoes of the plains. Keep safe... and keep hunting. You will soon get to the OLD stuff! TTC

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a little weird but i always look at the trees, they can give u valuable info on some good hunting spots, back in the day, people spent a lot more time out doors and in the summer when it was hot, guess were they would hangout. i always try to search were the shade is. the bigger the tree the more chance that there is an older coin around it.

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a 1918d mercury dime in my dads front yard with the same machine u have, i love the delta!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread