darkterjones

Jul 1, 2012
Tri State Area
Detector(s) used
Laser Rapier 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody!

Just dropping a line to say hi and praise this site for the treasure trove of info it contains. I've been detecting for about a week now and reading about it for about a year! It was hard to decide which machine to get as everybody has a favorite. I started with a Tesoro Laser Rapier 2 and my first hunting grounds were here in south east Germany about an 1 1/2 from Dresden. I've been on agriculture land and some grassy backyards. I am TOTALLY HOOKED! I pulled up a lot of iron due to the fact the land was backfilled in the 60's. I also found 4 coins! I really couldn't believe it, still cant. All sorts of things a few I'd love to know what they are.

Again, this site really is a treasure, I can tell there are many experienced players here withOUT the tone I've felt looking at sites before finding this. Im from the east coast, born and raised and I am lucky to have a wife who is totally cool with this. (Yes, Im a newlywed). Im learning fast and with this sites help it is an easy transition to understand the pro's and con's, ups and downs.

So far Ive found:

(1) "Einen Reich Thaler" - "Fridericus Borussorum Rex" It is OLD! 1756-1820--Silver, pretty banged up but legible..I have some pics
(1) "Deutsches Reich 10 Rentenpfennig 1924 coin..fair condition, legible for sure
(1) " Deutsches Reich 10 Pfennig 1920" --fair shape
(1) " 1 Pfennig 1854 coin--my favorite for some reason--fair shape BUT has an amateur split due to me trying to straighten a bend out"

I also found some sort of military badge..its in great condition..1906..has words --K.S. AMTSH. AUERBACH?

I also found a very old lead soldier and horse toy..not the best condition.., WW2 shell casings..something I have no idea what it is..I would love to share photos and try to settle my curiosity.

Sorry for the long email, im just really excited about these finds..so much more ground to cover, all this was in one section of the backyard! Well, hello to all, thanks in advance for the insight!

Best, Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread