MA1TMcG

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2013
Virginia beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 5500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a BH for Xmas and can not get enough!!!! I have done my yard several times and each time I find something else!!!! I live in VA Beach and plan to hit the sand this weekend!!!! I can see this new hobbie of mine taking over everything else!!!!

So I know my BH 5500 is not an elaborate machine and I feel I am starting to learn it more and more. Is it bad I want to upgrade already? Lol!!!!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your new machine and big gold to you! :occasion14:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point I would stay with the machine you have. It will take some time to decide where you really enjoy hunting. Do you like parks, old home sites, encampments, beaches, all of the above? When you have tried a variety of different hunts you will better know what type of machine to buy. Oh yes, it is also a good idea to get associated with a local metal detecting club. Glad to hear your having fun! HHS

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

iukams

Dec 26, 2009
Iuka,MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Ace 150, GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with a ace 150. A few months later I went with the ace 250. About a year after that I spent $800 on the gtx 1500. If you can believe I still wasn't satisfied, last October I spent a whopping $2400 on the minelabe ctx3030. But I go hunting almost every day. It's a hobby, Obsession. I love it. Been going on about 5 years now. I have 4 detectors now and have never regretted spending the money on any of them. I say go for it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your BH should work ok in the dry sand but I doubt you'll have much luck in the wet.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Iukams,

I love to hear about your passion for the hobby. That Mine lab is a great machine. Do you post your finds on the forum?

gaboynfla

Nov 19, 2012
Edgewater Fla.
Detector(s) used
B H Sharpshooter 11
Garret Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first bought a b h sharp shooter 2 to see if I liked this hoddy.Well I love it!A month later I bought my first water machine.The b h is good in dry sand but it does'nt like wet saltwater sand.I do'nt know what yours will do.Good luck and HH.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got a BH for Xmas and can not get enough!!!! I have done my yard several times and each time I find something else!!!! I live in VA Beach and plan to hit the sand this weekend!!!! I can see this new hobbie of mine taking over everything else!!!!

So I know my BH 5500 is not an elaborate machine and I feel I am starting to learn it more and more. Is it bad I want to upgrade already? Lol!!!!
go slow and keep coil flat and use headphones if possible and watch out for rain too. HH Boris

Last edited:

iukams

Dec 26, 2009
Iuka,MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Ace 150, GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twinkletoes said:
Hi Iukams,

I love to hear about your passion for the hobby. That Mine lab is a great machine. Do you post your finds on the forum?

Yes I do sometimes. I'm still learning all the do's and don't s about it. I love it. If it would quit raining I would go today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread