NEWBIE HUNTER IN SL FLORIDA

Jul 23, 2008
Al...yes, permits are needed and mandatory in some areas. Enforceable AND punishable by up to a $1000 fine and/or confiscation of your detector. :icon_jokercolor:

I'm kidding brother!! Only State parks are off limits to hunting. Some municipal parks as well.

Whereabouts in Miami do you live? I live in Kendall

Tony

OP
OP
EL Pirata Loco

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
I usually go from Port Evergaldes to Hallendale Beach, a few times a week.

OP
OP
EL Pirata Loco

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
i wish...ull see out there once in a while. I usually park at the coast gaurd station at Llyod State Park and walk all the way down to Hollywood Beach and then all the way back.

Jul 23, 2008
Wow...I'm surprised they don't give you any heat in John Lloyd Park since it's a State park. Hey more power to ya if you can get away with it!

Hell, we should pool our resources (in my case I need motivation) and head out one day. I've never MD'ed with anyone....always alone. And let me tell you something...it gets really easy to stay home in bed when your MD'ing plans finds you waking up at 2am to head into the surf! :sleepy2: :coffee:

OP
OP
EL Pirata Loco

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
Im more of a pier rat, im always fishing the Dania Beach Pier. im there 3 times a week.

But i take 2 days a week to detect. Im a bit busy this week at my art studio, but maube we can plan something? Say, next Monday or Tuesday? Email me at: [email protected] Im an early riser, im warning you.. :icon_sunny:

-Alberto

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
grafikdragonz said:
:icon_pirat:

Hello group. My wife and i are just starting out on this hobby. I have a question regarding going up and down Dania Beach to Key Largo. Can we just go anywere on the beach and detect/sift the sands? Or do we need a permit of some sort?

thanks,
Al
Hunting on the beaches is always legal without a permit from the low tide line up to the dune line. It is illegal to dig in the dunes. Hunting is legal in the water too, unless you are near the Treasure Coast where permits are needed. The Treasure Beaches are strictly enforced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions