azprospector

Dec 30, 2013
Southeast AZ
Detector(s) used
MP3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All,

So I am a new guy out here in AZ. Not so new as far as treasure hunting goes, but new to this king of hunt.
I have been out here in Southeast AZ for almost 20 years now and got bitten by the Gold bug about 10 ago, but moved onto other things. Heh well the bug came back but this time getting a little more serious about it.

So back where I come from in the Panama Canal Zone, one of the things I used to enjoy was bottle hunting. That was okay, but the better times were had on the beach of the Atlantic side in a place called Ft. San Lorenzo. There was a LOT of Gold and Spanish coins from off of the Spanish galleons.

They used to bring the treasure on the galleons, off load, trek across the isthmus (dropping lots on the way) on the TRUE El Camino Real, load on the Pacific side and sail off.
In the dry season when the lakes are low you can still walk some of this trail, and there are lots of goodies.

Now i am out here in Historic Ft. Huachuca/Sierra Vista, where there is also a lot of history, and I am sure cool things, and I am on a mission to find it.

Will see how it goes, because we all know that yellow metal isn't easy to come by. Wish me luck as I set out on my new adventure in the old west :o)

Don.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread