Newbie in Bend Oregon

Jessica94

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I just got my first metal detector which is a whites coinmaster GT. I have tried using it a few times and haven't had much luck. I was hoping that if anyone in or around Bend has some time we could meet up and maybe give me some helpful tips. I'm really excited to start this and want to really learn how to use my machine!

Thanks for looking,
Jessica

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jessica! Welcome to the hobby!! I live down here in Kalamity Falls so I can't help ya much other than JMHO. Study your manual, hunt with factory settings, tinker with the settings as you progress and learn to listen what your detector tells you with different objects. Monte over at AHRP has been MDing since they were invented. He is very helpful and is a gold mine of information. Hope this will get you started!! Oh yeah, ya gotta dig the pull tabs to find a ring....about 100 to 1!! Don't get discouraged!! A good pin pointer is very helpful also.... :hello:
Hi everyone! I just got my first metal detector which is a whites coinmaster GT. I have tried using it a few times and haven't had much luck. I was hoping that if anyone in or around Bend has some time we could meet up and maybe give me some helpful tips. I'm really excited to start this and want to really learn how to use my machine!

Thanks for looking,
Jessica

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread