Newbie in Hemet.

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
Finally i found a forum worth reading. I've been md'ing for just a year now and haven't found much. but i have been into gold prospecting for about 10 years now and have accumulated just about every type of equipment to use in any condition. :wink: so with that said i just wanted to say hi. and hope to run into some off you folks in the field. good hunting to all.

Dennis

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Welcome Dennis. There's lots of So. CA hunters on the kinzli forum. But they're all coin/relic guys. Don't know of any prospecting guys down there. But go figure, the kinzli forum is mostly coin/relic guys to begin with. There is a "nugget hunting" sub-section, but it never "took off" and rarely gets a post. There might be some nugget-specialty CA forum out there, but not being a nugget hunter, I wouldn't know of them (I'm 4+ hrs. from the nearest nugget producing regions).

If you want to see what So. CA coin/relic hunters are finding, in order to get to the main page of the Kinzli forum, you have to sign up. But it's easy: just make a name and password, and you're on.

OP
OP
DEMERSON

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
srferjoe,tom. thanks for the welcome. gold is not i'm all about . the md'ing is a new thing to me. gold prospecting is just a once in awhile pastime. but the detector. now that can be used anywhere.

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
DEMERSON said:
srferjoe,tom. thanks for the welcome. gold is not i'm all about . the md'ing is a new thing to me. gold prospecting is just a once in awhile pastime. but the detector. now that can be used anywhere.

The detector I have is set up for gold. had a Whites MXT but did not work on small nuggets. But living in the 951 you have a lot of choices. There is lot of Spanish treasure and I don't mean gold and silver. some of the stuff dates back to 1790. because you are so close too the Anza trail I would check it out. We have found a few things on the trail. Good luck

OP
OP
DEMERSON

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
srferjo714 said:
DEMERSON said:

The detector I have is set up for gold. had a Whites MXT but did not work on small nuggets. But living in the 951 you have a lot of choices. There is lot of Spanish treasure and I don't mean gold and silver. some of the stuff dates back to 1790. because you are so close too the Anza trail I would check it out. We have found a few things on the trail. Good luck
Thanks for the hunting advice joe. i'll be sure to check it out. i thought about getting a gold specific detector. when i purchased my f2 but thought otherwise. since i would be more apt to use the detector locally than just hunting for the yellow metal. i have enough gold prospecting equipment as it is. :D

OP
OP
DEMERSON

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
tapoutking said:
I'm in Ventura county and am more interested in finding gold myself. Although, when I say Gold I also include gold coins...... ;D
Your two hours closer to the motherlode country than i. that;s a plus.

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
WELCOME. I HAVE A NEICE LIVING IN ELSINORE, BUT NEVER REALIZED THE AREA WAS THE MOTHERLODE AREA. GO FIGURE

Happy Hunting

I live north of Santa Barbara, not much "MOTHERLODE" in this area, unless it's microscopic

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Dennis...and welcome.

I'm a relative newbie too. Doing serious detecting for about 1-1/2 years now with the F4 and recently with the Surfmaster PI. I prefer the beaches (I'm in Long Beach) and working to fill my 2nd ring case @ 36 slots per case.

I've always loved the gold hunting and a few years back did some serious panning and sluicing from Southern California to British Columbia. I discovered that a lot of the places that had "Gold" in the name were productive. For example "Gold Stream" on Vancouver Island did have nice color. Ranger there told me she never knew.

My best nugget (probably "picker" to you) came from the San Gabriel River and my 2nd best, a quartz and gold mix, from Redding.

I'm always threatening to get back and try the East Fork some more (I think I have some novel ideas) with my detector but it's always too hot or too wet.

One of our Kinzili forum members picked up a NICE Nugget in 2008 from the East Fork.. Yeah..I'm gonna have to get up there.

HH Joe

S

stefen

Demerson,

You oughta drive east on Florida towards Mountain Center (Idyllwild) until you go past the Forestry Fire Station. On your right you will travel adjacent to a rocky stream bed that is fed from the range above...should find some color along the flowline.

Watch out for rattlers...this area is chock full...

OP
OP
DEMERSON

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
stefen said:
Demerson,

You oughta drive east on Florida towards Mountain Center (Idyllwild) until you go past the Forestry Fire Station. On your right you will travel adjacent to a rocky stream bed that is fed from the range above...should find some color along the flowline.

Watch out for rattlers...this area is chock full...
Thanks for the tip stefen. i've often wondered about that creekbed. but i always thought the bedrock was deep. it may be worth giving a shot. maybe it has enough water to run the 4" dredge. :wink:

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Welcome. Hit the school yards for some clad and other goodies. I find alot of coin there an silver jewelry. At a high school I found a switch blade &a 9 mm unused round. Go get some of that.GOOD LUCK.

P O K E R

OP
OP
DEMERSON

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
pokerdad911 said:
Welcome. Hit the school yards for some clad and other goodies. I find alot of coin there an silver jewelry. At a high school I found a switch blade &a 9 mm unused round. Go get some of that.GOOD LUCK.

P O K E R
although i've only found about 4.00 in clad so far. i'm getting tired of it. trying to clean that stuff is a you lknow what.
i need some old money. ;D

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Winchester and really looking to hit the old Butterfield Stage route along with the Anza Trail. Let me know if and when you would like to hunt! Welcome to MD'ing!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread