Newbie in Redding, Ca

Michael Fork

Jul 30, 2013
Anderson, CA
Detector(s) used
White's SST
Hello all! I am a newbie in Redding/Anderson Ca area and have been wandering out on my own without much luck. I am hoping to find a group/individual that is willing to give me some guidance. I purchased a White's Sierra Super Trac with an Eclipse DD and hope I didn't make a mistake. There are a couple possibilities here, I am very unlucky and I have no idea what I am doing (both highly plausible). I wanted to go nugget hunting mainly, bought a seed and it shows up as a hot rock! I get hot rocks constantly so... Uh.... Help!?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help. Leave me a message and we can exchange contact info if you are looking for an apprentice!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm not a nugget hunter / prospector, so I'm un-able to help you in that regard (I'm a coins/relics guy). I'm sure there's nugget guys up your way. Perhaps the dealer in your area knows of other hobbyists. There's scores of nugget enthusiasts in the Sacramento area (49er route), so I would assume there's some nugget guys up your way too.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Michael - there is a club in Yreka, the Siskiyou Country Relic and Recovery Club....a social club, really, but metal detecting is our VICE too! We meet on First Thursdays of each month at PURPLE PLUM Resturant...so, if you are interested, contact me, and I'll give more info. For prospecting, there is a new chapter of the GPAA in Redding...good hunting!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread