Newbie looking for help

Nov 11, 2022
Hello, my name is Alan and Iā€™m a Vet., & 69, plus Iā€™m disabled. Just had 21st back surgery and I need exercise. I have a White Spectrum XLT and on the back of the plug for the coil, thereā€™s 5 numbered studs & 5 different color wires. These wires came loose from the studs. Anyone know the color code & stud numbers?
I hope I placed this thread in the correct place.

Attachments

• BD576004-9F51-4399-BC87-AE436D4BC521.jpeg
    BD576004-9F51-4399-BC87-AE436D4BC521.jpeg
    789 KB · Views: 22

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Alan and Iā€™m a Vet., & 69, plus Iā€™m disabled. Just had 21st back surgery and I need exercise. I have a White Spectrum XLT and on the back of the plug for the coil, thereā€™s 5 numbered studs & 5 different color wires. These wires came loose from the studs. Anyone know the color code & stud numbers?
I hope I placed this thread in the correct place.
Thx for your service Alan. I canā€™t answer your question but I know there are many knowledgeable people on this forum and am sure someone can help.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alan, welcome to TreasureNet, I'm also a vet....

Below is link for Centerville Electronics, they still repair Whites and should be able to help you, they may give you the color code so you can repair it yourself or require you to send it in, but worth a try.

I tried to find the wiring scheme for XLT coil connector but did not find it.

Garrett website also directs Whites repairs to Centreville.

OP
OP
B
Nov 11, 2022
Thx for your service Alan. I canā€™t answer your question but I know there are many knowledgeable people on this forum and am sure someone can help.
Thank you for your time and help on my issue with my Whiteā€™s. I tried joining another detector forum and after a couple weeks of no replies, I gave up on that site šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. I probably didnā€™t post it correctly šŸ˜„. Iā€™m no computer person, matter of fact Iā€™m sure every computer has it in for me šŸ˜†. Thanks again šŸ‘

OP
OP
B
Nov 11, 2022
Alan, welcome to TreasureNet, I'm also a vet....

Below is link for Centerville Electronics, they still repair Whites and should be able to help you, they may give you the color code so you can repair it yourself or require you to send it in, but worth a try.

I tried to find the wiring scheme for XLT coil connector but did not find it.

Garrett website also directs Whites repairs to Centreville.

Hello Sir, thank you for your reply and I hope ur right about someone coming along. I use to do this hobby often, 20 years back. In 06 my wife of 35 years passed, and I move to Alabama. Iā€™m originally from Charleston, S. C. and C. War was everywhere šŸ˜„.
This forum is extremely helpful and friendly, and thatā€™s Great!
Thanks again šŸ‘

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Sir, thank you for your reply and I hope ur right about someone coming along. I use to do this hobby often, 20 years back. In 06 my wife of 35 years passed, and I move to Alabama. Iā€™m originally from Charleston, S. C. and C. War was everywhere šŸ˜„.
This forum is extremely helpful and friendly, and thatā€™s Great!
Thanks again šŸ‘
Your welcome sir. There is also a chance someone with the XLT might see the thread and could open their detector and take picture of the coil connector in the detector too.

OP
OP
B
Nov 11, 2022
Iā€™ve got my problem solved, thanks to a group on FB that targets the Whiteā€™s THX model. Mr.Biggs sent several pictures and Mr. Sermet who told me which wire went where šŸ˜„šŸ‘. Iā€™m going to try and put it together today šŸ¤ž.
Thanks everyone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread