Newbie need advice on places I can go

JasonNSU03

May 29, 2008

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JasonNSU03 said:
I am a resident of Baker Louisiana, 5 miles north of baton rouge. I am looking for advice on places I can go to possible get some finds. I am looking for places around Baker, Zachary, Baton Rouge and the surrounding area. I am also looking for places in Catahoula parish. That is where my inlaws are from. Any help will be appreciated.

Jason how about Port Hudson area , are you a member of a club ? ( I know of a few ) thats always a good way to get to hunt also.

Keep your coil to the soil

ACE.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jason. I'm a member of the Pelican Relic And Recovery Association in Baton Rouge. I tried to reply to your post, but accidently sent you a e-mail. Hope you get it. By the way, I lived in Baker for about 30 years. My wife's grandparents were some of the original settlers there. Go to the library and get a copy of Baker the First 100 Years.(I'm even in it. I'm not quite that old though.)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WelcomeSign2.gif Great to have you on board with us @ TNet. I just posted the Sanborn map(s), just click on Baker...I'm sure you'll find some old places to detect. Good luck & happy hunting! :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Attachments

• WelcomeSign2.gif
    WelcomeSign2.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 299

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Whats the last name of the folks in Catahoula Parish? I am originally from Sicily island. The second and third oldest communities in the state are in Catahoula .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions