Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You pretty much want any large appliances, AC units and ANYTHING made of primarily metal. I personally avoid dishwashers though, as they are primary made of heavy plastic, and many yards will not accept them. As far as how much you get for them, it is dependant on what the yard pays for steel. The biggest thing you need to do is process them. By this I mean take as much non-ferrous (aluminum, copper, brass, etc) metal as you can off, separate and store these elsewhere as they bring more money than steel prices. Take all wiring harness you can off too, as this can be sold as insulated copper which again, pays much better than steel prices. If you have a little storage room, try to hoard as much non-ferrous material as you can and wait for prices to go back up (they are a little depressed right now). I am hoarding all mine right now, but will take in all my steel when my 16ft flatbed is filled up. Some things you will need to partially take apart to separate the good stuff off, but if you have time then it is a good way to make use of any extra time you might have on your hands.

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
I would stay away from tv's as well......they are a pain. If can just cut the cord and leave the tv for the trash that would be best. Also, take out motors on anything and put them all together. You get another price for those and I feel they are worth their weight in gold.....with enough of them.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
only strip #1 copper leave all the rest and sell for insulated any aluminum of any kind worth money stainless is good and all metal bobys of appliances sell together all other metal iron steel sell together and bronze sell buy it self no compressors and drain all fluids from wahsers fridges and dishwashers a lot of aluminium there thats the best i can do for you

OP
OP
acevillav

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Thanks for the great advice everybody! Tnet rocks :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread