Newbie Posting Today's Makro Racer 2 & RC26 Coil Finds.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ya'll. Newbie to the forum and still getting adjusted to posting finds. Located in North Central Illinois Lee County and hunting in some dense shrub & iron infested woods today. Not much but, a few interesting finds. The tiny full metal jacket bullet was fairly deep in sandy loamy soil along a creek that has overflowed into the area I was hunting many times. I believe it may be a .22-.250 caliber. May even be smaller? Then the brass stamped item attached to some rusty iron is I believe the padlock keyhole cover from Davenport & Mallory Padlock Company. They were in business from 1834 to 1910. Then to my surprise the B.M.G. Full Metal Jacket .50 caliber slug that was laying pretty much on the surface ringing like a silver half dollar. LOL ! I have no idea how that thing got there. Well, I reckon some hick got his hands on a big gun back in the day when you could launch a huge round on the edge of a small rural community without having the Department of Homeland Security swooping in on you. Anyhow some cool finds and learning my machine on a great sunny 57 degree day was great therapy. Enjoy and just glad to be alive today. Peace. 006.JPG

Upvote 7

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the finds aren't that impressive. It's only my fourth hunt with the new machine and being new to the forum I was just wanting to see if I could manage to get a picture up. I know the history surrounding the area I am hunting and there has to be some civil war era coins and relics laying around somewhere if they haven't all managed to sink beyond the depth of my machines. I did find a few lead sinkers on the surface where no one could possibly fish due to the shrubbery. Does lead float to the surface as coins sink? LOL ! I am sure I'll get some better finds as the season progresses. Thanks for stopping by. Peace.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep any keyhole covers with numbers or letters on it & its rare I get a full ID, so that was pretty cool.

I also dig lots of 50cal that were dropped from the planes, they sound good at any depth.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post pics and finds,looking forward to more. good luck and happy hunting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congrats on your Racer 2 finds!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread