Newbie Question, Must Have or Helpful Accessories?

matrix1272

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All

What are some must have or helpful accessories to go with my new dectector? I Have a digger, headphones, pouch and soft case that came with my Garrett AT PRO Adventure Kit, I also bought a Garrett Pro Pointer. Are there others that I need? I hear people talking about gloves, knee pads (What kind of gloves and knee pads, and where do you get them)? Any info would be helpful to this newbie. Thanks All

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gloves and Kneepads at Home Depot - Lowe's - Sears. Good Hunting!

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8.50 knee pads lowes or home depot............gloves..1.00

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are intending to hunt in parks, ball fields etc you will also need to carry a cloth,or towel with you to hold any dirt from your hole so that you can get all the dirt back in. A bandana or even a large plastic bag will also work.

Last edited:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a GPS extra batterys, first aid kit, pepper spray(loose dogs) gold testing kit, diamond tester, tumblers, once you start on this hobby the list goes on and on and on......

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
add in a good divorse lawyer,an rv to live in,extra trash can,large tupperware containers,a scale,small hand gun,signal flares....and oh ya.....buncha beer...

good luck and have a blast !!!

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's your check list.....

---At Pro detector
---both the DD 8 1/2 x11 coil and the 5x8 coil
---Xtra set of AA batteries for the AT Pro
---ProPointer
---Xtra 9 volt for the ProPointer
---Lesche Digger (get one.... you'll never cut a plug or V-cut easier... made of Samurai steel!)
---good finds pouch for coins/garbage
--- knee pads ( Lowes is the best and best band for the buck)
---headlamp and flashlight because you will not stop even after it is dark
---gloves (baseball style gloves...leather and hopefully double on the fingertips)
---GPS app for your phone, to see the terrain you are at and the GPS coords
---TreasureNet app for your Android phone so you can get on the site in the middle of the woods and post stuff
---a friend to hunt with who you can screram to when you hit the Indian heads and the Barber
--- a cold beer for after you are done

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it simple and don't drag out a small storage bin full of stuff...well unless going deep into a field or woods. Keep the spare batteries in the truck. Take you, the detector, pin pointer, digger, trash/treasure pouch, and cloth or bag for the dirt. I go even lighter then this...digger in my back pocket, bag to put dirt on in the other rear pocket, keepers in my right front pocket, trash in either a jacket pocket (spring and fall) or in a rear pocket.

HappyRyan

Mar 14, 2013
Midland, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice!
Tools and accessory's don't find treasures. Experienced operators do.

Metal detector, extra battery's, garden hand shovel...
Start with parks and playgrounds keep it shallow until the sound of silver and other precious metals are so distinctive you just know. Then your ready for all the other cool stuff and you will know what you need. :thumbsup: Just my two cents.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy weight string for tying your car key's to yourself so They do not get lost. Add some colorful tape to your Garret pointer and to any other tools that can get left behind so it will hopefully be easier to find them when you've walked away from them............63bkpkr

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe I forgot this---something to drink. If hunting near water--bug spray.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't carry in too much. Pouch, digger, headphones, and detector. That's all. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread