boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave mine in the jeep probably more than I should in the summer. Hasn't hurt them yet (knock on wood). In a tropical environment, I'd be more worried about the humidity causing corrosion or wiping out the batteries.

S

seger98

I'm pretty sure my minelab instructions told me not to leave in a hot vehicle, So I don't.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best to go by the manual, especially if it's still under warranty. Like I said, probably more than I should. And now that I mentioned it my battery pack will probably take a dump. ;D

Excuse me all while I go knock on wood. :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it would be a problem while you were using it, but as others have mentioned--don't leave it in the hot car. Even the trunk is better.

Best wishes,

BuckleBoy

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most detectors mention a maximum and minimum Temperature and a max RH. They error on the low side to prevent warranty claims. To high an RH 90+ can cause condensation with only a little temperature drop. Over heating can cause problems with the electronics. If you see the detector acting or looking funny while at high or low temps or high humidity, get the detector to another cooler /warmer or lower humidity environment. Just use common sense.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread