Newbie Question?

T

tacoop

Hello, I am new to the forum. Have been reading post for about the last month. Have just started detecting in the last month and so far have only found clad with a couple of wheat pennies. Enjoy it very much and am becoming addicted.
Recently there was an atricle in the paper about an old house from the 1860's that was in need of a new home. The property has been sold but they would like to move the house. There is going to be a catholic church on the property. I have contacted the pastor of the church that owns it and he has given me permission to metal dectect on the property. My questions is where should I start. Any best places to begin. I am not sure how long before the property is tore up so don't want to waste any time. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum tacoop! It sounds like you're off to a good start. The house/church sounds like a great opportunity. You would want to hunt everywhere...you can cherry pick some of the more likely areas like the path from the house to the outhouse, under the clothesline, the driveway, etc., but you will want to hunt the entire site. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

HH!
TBGO

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
TBGO gave some great areas to hit. I also like to look for large older trees where kids might have climbed. Also any door into the property is a good spot. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and hobby. TBGO gave good advice and I would like to add any area that looks like it might have been a garden. Also check around any large trees near the house for any nails on the underside of limbs where a plum bob might have been hung indicating a possible cache.

Good Luck,

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread