newbie to civil war hunting in Georgia seeks info

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Newbie to Civil War relic hunting is looking for info on hunt areas in Cobb and Paulding county around the Dallas and New Hope Georgia area. Also interested in northwest, GA like Resaca and Dalton areas. Looking for hunt areas that are near battle fields but areas that can be detected. If you have had permissions and still have the landowner’s contact info and would be willing to share this information; then private message me so I can contact the landowner to ask for a current permission.

I am doing lots of research in this quest and will share info with anyone interested in hunting these areas. If you have ever metal detected in these areas in the past and wish to share that would be helpful and I will reciprocate with information that I have dug up on other similar areas that I have detected or researched.

Would also like to hunt with someone in these areas. I only hunt M-F since we keep the young grandsons on the weekend. I am a veteran (1964 – 1967) and semi-retired with my own business and work from home. I have a lot of time for my research and my main hobby is metal detecting. Hunt with a Equinox 800.

If you are interested in this type of collaboration, send me a private message. Thanks.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Up here in Maryland we generally reciprocate with sharing each other's sites. I take someone to my site one weekend and they take me to theirs the next, etc. We never go to anyone else's site without them present. Call it an honor system, but it works pretty well. Research is fairly easy this day with the internet and everything that is published these days. Our best sites have been houses and settlements long gone, with nothing but a mention in the history books. Currently standing buildings, not so much.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Up here in Maryland we generally reciprocate with sharing each other's sites. I take someone to my site one weekend and they take me to theirs the next, etc. We never go to anyone else's site without them present. Call it an honor system, but it works pretty well. Research is fairly easy this day with the internet and everything that is published these days. Our best sites have been houses and settlements long gone, with nothing but a mention in the history books. Currently standing buildings, not so much.

I second this comment, especially about the sites with little mention in the history books .

As for sharing sites , most sites in GA are known & much fewer than in the MD , VA , TN areas , so imo site sharing diminishes more & more each year. Here in N GA + as you know most sites are Gone , or Protected.

Maybe you can join a Club ? Natural Hunts are limited but do happen , + at club hunts & other events I got some of my Coolest CW relics. Of-Course I'd rather dig them myself.
Good Luck Mr, PullTabFelix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread