Newbie to forum and to Gold. need sluce advice

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I got gold fever!. I chose kitt as my user because i like knight rider.
I have a question about water flow to my sluice. its about 4'x1'. 'm trying to figure out how much water I need to have recirculated top run it.
Ive tried using 2.8gpm with 1/2 inch hose. (failed). Used a 6.5gpm pump with 2 inch in and ppvc spray nozzle.
what kinda advice can you give me?

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you built a recirculating system, I built one in the spring myself and it worked great but the gold we found was all flour and micro so it took some adjusting. Best way to figure it out is by putting a pan at the end of your run and see if your blowing any gold out and then make adjustments until all your gold is being caught. I ran a 4 stack recirculating system with slick plates on all four, after trying riffles that trapped too much black sands I removed them and ran smooth surfaces on all four with much greater success and no clean up. The back side of any V- matting works well for catch fine gold as does Vortex matting which I ran in my last tray but it does require clean up. The water pump I used was 1000gph but others use even less such as 800gph.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions