Newbie with a load of small questions

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone so just before I start a little about me My name is Shawn and I live outside of Memphis TN just moved to Memphis and looking to get into hobby mining so here is my plan as of know. I found a used High-banker I am going to buy it was made and looks to be in good shape and quality for riffles it is all gold hog matting not shore what specific mats could try to find out so here are a couple of my question is there any major risks with buying used just want to make shore im not breaking a un spoken rule or curse when it comes to hobby mining. Next is pumps Using a electric bilge really seems to draw to me but from what I have been reading it seems that i really need the power of a gas pump because I am using a high banker could you recommend one I have max about 160 to spend on a pump I have seen a few on ebay that I really like one being the earthquake one inch and another one that is 1.5 inch. Along with the pump is hose has any one used fire hose before I have a really cheap sources for it and would like to utilize it Is there any other major things I am missing in my equipment if so let me know thanks in advanced
Shawn

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldkid, become a member, type in what your lookin for top right hand corner "enter search phrase"

I for one never buy a used motor, period

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BEFORE you go hog wild buying equipment that you'll never pay for with found gold - JOIN A LOCAL CLUB! Learn, THEN burn your cash. Good luck and Big Gold!

Coker Creek TN Chapter GPAA

Thanks!

OP
OP
G

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done a little stream sluiceing before back in NE didnt make it on the moving truck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread