NEWBIE with a TDI PRO

shoot3d

Apr 5, 2011
Hello All
Just took the plunge and picked up a Whites TDI PRO as my first detector.javascript:void(0);
I live in southern california and will be nugget hunting in the deserts and the california goldfields this season.
Any input on the learning curve with this machine.javascript:void(0);
It has me a little intimidated at this point.
lotsa honking and beeping going on here....javascript:void(0); LMFAO
Just wanted to check in and say hi soooooooooooooooooooo HI!!!

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. :hello:

If you'd post this one the White's forum section you'd get White's owners to help.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll be honest with you, I was just at the D.I.V. in Virginia, and I saw new users getting very frustrated trying to adapt to that machine. Like Sandman said, check out the White's forum.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You got raw power with little indications to go on. A great detector, but hard to start with. Frank

essence25

Apr 7, 2011
Hello lads,

Speaking of newbies, I'm just getting into this hobby. I'm from Chicago and will be treasure hunting in parks and beach, my main
focus will be hobby not income. I love coins and all types of old trinkets.

I would like a recommandation for a good top notch, metal detector that will serve me for years and will not need to buy other in the future due
to limitations etc. I'd rather pay more and get the best. So which one should I get? (Budget $1000 or less)

I'm currently looking at the Garrett GTI 2500 but I'd rather take the expert's advice and hear what some of you recommend.

Thanks everyone!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You want the best for under a grand. A detector that is reliable and adjustable so it won't go out of date. Here's your answer. Whites still sells the XLT for
$899.95. I bought my second one 10 years ago, first one got burned up in a fire, and it has never gone back for repairs. I have preprogamed and custom programs at the touch of a button. I have puled large items from 2' down and found 1 piece of #6 shot at 3". It works great on fresh or salt beaches. It can clean out a park. It can even prospect. It gives you an idea of what is down there. It's not only a good starter, it's a good laster. Frank
P.S. Get ready for the branded people!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's there no screwing a round,sturdy,give you a lot of information on whats in the ground than any other brand,and practice is the key to your success,with what ever you decide to buy.White's just not a curers on a fix screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread