CarsonRReese

Mar 27, 2017
Denver, indiana
Detector(s) used
Cat 305.5e2 excavator
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and recently posted on the main page but was redirected to this area. I am a contractor who specializes in field tile work so I am out playing in the dirt on a daily basis. I have found a few arrowheads over the years but have just now started actively searching as I am out working. This was my find from a few days ago. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it. I am from North Central Indiana. This particular artifact is in perfect condition with the sharpest tip I have ever seen on one. Any knowledge would be more than what I know now! Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170327_181918.jpg
    IMG_20170327_181918.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These little Points like this are hard to put an exact name on them. I usually just call them Stemmed Point or a Stemmed Birdpoint. The material looks to be Chalcedony and is probably highly translucent. Nice looking Point.

By the way,welcome aboard. Would love to see you other finds.

OP
OP
CarsonRReese

CarsonRReese

Mar 27, 2017
Denver, indiana
Detector(s) used
Cat 305.5e2 excavator
Primary Interest:
Other
This is my other "Best Find", not sure if that blue stripe is as bright in the picture as it is in person but it goes all the way through and is visible on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    568.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 64

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds-both better than anything I've found....... welcome and thanks for posting !

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both very nice finds, and I agree with Grim on the first one. The second one looks beveled so Bolen comes to mind, but I'm a little far off to know a whole lot about points from your part of the country. Welcome aboard and I like that "Back the Blue" point.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are really nice,the first one could be a dart point that they used with an atlatl

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Those are both gorgeous points! My next career is absolutely going to involve playing in the dirt - what an awesome job!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome to tnet!
Love that type of material, I find similar chalcedony and clear agate out west here.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hard to keep your eyes out of the dirt once you start...nice points

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome aboard
Beautiful points
Congrats

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and Steve hit the 1st one rite on material and all. I like the lighting strike on that 2nd one. NA liked colors to you can tell by the beautiful material they chose when making one.

OP
OP
CarsonRReese

CarsonRReese

Mar 27, 2017
Denver, indiana
Detector(s) used
Cat 305.5e2 excavator
Primary Interest:
Other
Here were a few more from the other evening. After I found that clear one just couldn't help but go back out to the same field. This was by far my best day ever as far as finding things. I feel like we have a large variety of different types of material around here. I haven't found many that are the same looking stone. Is that pretty typical? The artifact on the far left appears to be some kind of scraper I suppose?

Attachments

• IMG_20170328_192906.jpg
    IMG_20170328_192906.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here were a few more from the other evening. After I found that clear one just couldn't help but go back out to the same field. This was by far my best day ever as far as finding things. I feel like we have a large variety of different types of material around here. I haven't found many that are the same looking stone. Is that pretty typical? The artifact on the far left appears to be some kind of scraper I suppose?

Could of been used as a scraper but if you notice the cortex is still on it could also be a reduction piece. Its like peeling an apple the good stuff is always under the skin. But sometimes they left some outer cortex on a cutting tool for grip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread