Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all my name is Chad Somers. I hope to show everyone some really cool stuff this year. I am an Ohio treasure hunter recently featured in popular mechanics as well as Washington Post magazine as possibly the finder of the Jesse James Treasure. its a pleasure to be here and thank you
That’s incredible!!! Welcome to Tnet Chad.
Do you have any photos links to those articles that you could post?
I would love to see them. 👍
My daughter and family live in the Hudson, Ohio area.
MM

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chadsomers78

Greenie
Feb 2, 2024
My daughter and family live in the Hudson, Ohio area. We come up often to see our three grandkids.
MM
You can google chad Somers Jesse James gold and find both articles online

OP
OP
C

chadsomers78

Greenie
Feb 2, 2024
My daughter and family live in the Hudson, Ohio area. We come up often to see our three grandkids.
MM
Once I learn the format and logistics of the site I have loads of personal videos and pictures I plan on showing

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can google chad Somers Jesse James gold and find both articles online
So I just read the story on Popular Mechanics, but it ended with no treasure found yet. Was it actually found?
BTW- reading that story I salute you for being strong, even under rough times, and going after your dream. 👍

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read both, apparently 6 ? Gold bars were seen? And a metal T was found .
Hope you reach the gold .
Quite the story.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I am an Ohio treasure hunter...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: OHIO for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
C

chadsomers78

Greenie
Feb 2, 2024
So I just read the story on Popular Mechanics, but it ended with no treasure found yet. Was it actually found?
BTW- reading that story I salute you for being strong, even under rough times, and going after your dream. 👍
so I have snake cam footage of about 120 tons of gold bars in the hill. we have to wait on the cameras to get here they are going to do a series about it on cable tv

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many stories and finds on this site. Just look for search box at top right hand corner and type Jesse James. All forums, threads, a replies will pop up. Enjoy.

Last edited:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I have snake cam footage of about 120 tons of gold bars in the hill. we have to wait on the cameras to get here they are going to do a series about it on cable tv
Man, I can’t wait!!! I love treasure stories like this.
Any idea when the series will be out?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

SheaButter

May 11, 2024
Hello all my name is Chad Somers. I hope to show everyone some really cool stuff this year. I am an Ohio treasure hunter recently featured in popular mechanics as well as Washington Post magazine as possibly the finder of the Jesse James Treasure. its a pleasure to be here and thank you
CHAD! Your Popular Mechanics story popped up on my Google Chrome feed and I immediately clicked on it thinking it was just another Jesse James enthusiast story about how they've been looking for his gold a large portion of their life, but to no avail. Whomever wrote the story is a great writer and strategically skillful in getting his readers hooked so I commend them for it. Especially someone like me, who's grown up hearing this "legend" if you will. If this whole thing ends up all being for good reason, and all the voices in your head or your gut or some other force/power have been pushing you towards this place because it is where you're gonna end up finding Jesse James's gold, I feel so lucky to have even found a way to potentially talk to you. I know a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. & I know that if this is it, if this turns up to be what your hearts telling you it is I understand why it needs to be documented and made a HUGE deal of, so I'll patiently wait for a documentary or series or whatever the hell televised version comes of it.

I just really hope this story doesn't turn into a whole f***ing "oak island" thing if that makes any sense at all... & I don't say that because this is as important to me as it is to you. I just say that because I don't want this story I've been told my whole life getting turned into some "Hollywood, have to make it interesting and drag it out as long as possible for the show" type shit I guess is what I'm trying to say. I hope that's not out of context, or inconsiderate of how much of yourself you've got put into this thing because once I finished reading this story I felt like I could really relate to you in a lot of ways... Anyways, sorry for the long comment. I truly hope to hear back from you!

& hopefully now you know there's one more person out there rooting for ya!

-Shayla Norris,
a SW Okie💛💙🌾🌻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions