Newer Canadian LC and stuff...

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well I did some research this past week looking for a new place to hunt. Checked out some 1949 aireal photos of the neighboring town which dates early 1800's. Noticed that on one picture there were some structures that are not there on google maps. This place was a bit tough to get to, had to bust some brush, walk along the river, jump some creeks, etc. It is adjacent (about 3/4 mile) to a park (appx 1940ish) that I have hunted before. Well this area has some history being that there was a canal constructed but never finished in the early 1800's (I have been looking for the campsites of the workers since I started this hobby a couple of years ago, nothing yet). Long story short, I found the spot where the buildings were. All that was left were some bunker type concrete structures (I do mean bunkers) Not sure what was the purpose but they looked military. Need to look into that ???. Well there was junk, junk and more junk so I headed back to the park where i have found some early 1900's coins. Wierd but mostly Canadian. Found the LC right under the leaves on the surface, kinda strange. I like the miny sewing kit. I could not figure out what it was, thought it was a lipstick until I took a closer look. The end is a screw on thimble, inside two little spools of thread.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 160

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, nice finds there, love the canadian LC, I would love to dig one of those, or better yet find one just under the leaves, very cool. congrats on a good hunt with research! :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds mcmich. :hello2: That Canadian LC is a beaut. WTG

HH

OP
OP
mcmich

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hey Rando, yes we do have a local Nike missile site. They pretty much bulldozed that into the ground, as best they could anyway. That 2' cement does not give so easily. Thats what these structures looked like. About 12' square with little "windows". Should have brought my camera to take some pictures. I had never heard of this site. One of the bunkers looked like somebody was living in it at one time.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds for sure :thumbsup: congrats on the old Canadian large cent, I've never seen a thimble/thread holder like that, too cool!!!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!
That LC is sweet :icon_thumleft:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Canada LC. Ya done good! :thumbsup:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the cool old LC! I dug a 1916 in a ballfield near me. I like oddball coin finds like that.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the LC, a real nice find, and that thimble/sewing kit is cool,Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions