Newest Coinstar sneaky move find

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well back again and this time I found more silver. Was coming back from lunch and hear the silver song going on at our coinstar and watched the young lady using it. she kept putting a coin in again and again and it kept popping out. I told her it doesn't take canadian coins and she told me it wasn't canadian. I went up to her and told her I could switch it out for another coin that would work and she handed it to me. It was a 1954 quarter. Woo-hoo! Silver baby! As calm as can be I switch her a clad for it and she popped it into the coinstar (thus paying coinstar's 11.9 cents on each dollar fee - ouch!) and I got my silver quarter. still looking for buffs and war Nicks but only though till searches.

Unfortunately the one day I couldn't park in my driveway due to slushy snow and living in the middle of nowheres-ville, I parked in front of my driveway. I live 15 miles from the nearest town and rather than get my car stuck till the neighbor came over to plow me a parking spot, I parked it perpendicular to my driveway. And a cop came by and gave me a parking ticket. Didn't have time to write a letter or go down to talk to the magistrate about the circumstances due to weather and now I am stuck with a $110 parking ticket. Which is crap since a speeding ticket is only $125 dollars. There goes half of my next paycheck. =(

On the funny side that made me chuckle, Mom was thinking about selling some of dad's silver. I told her not to because silver is at only $21 dollars an ounce whereas it was $34 dollars just last year. Worse comes to worse I will buy it from her so we can still keep it in the family. Dad and me use to do that all the time back and forth to eachother, LOL.

Anyways check with you later luvs.

Sincerely, GarouLady

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, quick thinking on that quarter switch.

Ouch, 11.9 cents per dollar?! I didn't know the Coinstar fee was that high.

Sucks about the parking ticket. I'm willing to bet if you contest the ticket and go to court the judge will lower the fine if not throw the ticket out completely.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
U live way out in the country and a cop comes by and gives u a ticket because he doesn't like how u parked your car in front of your own driveway? I really have no patience for that type of nonsense and abuse of power by government getting its revenue by blatantly fleecing its own citizens. And I know having to pay this ridiculous parking ticket is the last thing u need right now.

I hope u are able to hold out on selling your silver long enough till prices start to rise again. I have no doubt silver prices are going much higher, its not a matter of if but when. I like that idea of family members selling their silver to each other when they need to so it at least keeps the silver in the family.

Best wishes, hope better days are ahead for you.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a sweet quarter score!! Congrats

God dang thugs in blue with nothin better to do than save their own jobs by ripping off the citizens... like silverface said.. fleecing is the more correct term I think. Crap like that really pisses me off... blue coats

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well back again and this time I found more silver. Was coming back from lunch and hear the silver song going on at our coinstar and watched the young lady using it. she kept putting a coin in again and again and it kept popping out. I told her it doesn't take canadian coins and she told me it wasn't canadian. I went up to her and told her I could switch it out for another coin that would work and she handed it to me. It was a 1954 quarter. Woo-hoo! Silver baby! As calm as can be I switch her a clad for it and she popped it into the coinstar (thus paying coinstar's 11.9 cents on each dollar fee - ouch!) and I got my silver quarter. still looking for buffs and war Nicks but only though till searches. Unfortunately the one day I couldn't park in my driveway due to slushy snow and living in the middle of nowheres-ville, I parked in front of my driveway. I live 15 miles from the nearest town and rather than get my car stuck till the neighbor came over to plow me a parking spot, I parked it perpendicular to my driveway. And a cop came by and gave me a parking ticket. Didn't have time to write a letter or go down to talk to the magistrate about the circumstances due to weather and now I am stuck with a $110 parking ticket. Which is crap since a speeding ticket is only $125 dollars. There goes half of my next paycheck. =( On the funny side that made me chuckle, Mom was thinking about selling some of dad's silver. I told her not to because silver is at only $21 dollars an ounce whereas it was $34 dollars just last year. Worse comes to worse I will buy it from her so we can still keep it in the family. Dad and me use to do that all the time back and forth to eachother, LOL. Anyways check with you later luvs. Sincerely, GarouLady

:coffee2: That was quick thinking & good you were able to save that quarter from the clutches of the coinstar thief machine. There's no way for you to go to court & throw yourself on their mercy? I'm hoping that after you explain to the judge the circumstances of your parking dilema, they would be merciful to you. All it would cost you is some time hopefully. I didn't know that the coin star fee is so high now. Last I remember it was 9%. They are such thiefs. It's also good to see you posting once again. Hope things will be getting better for you now that spring is finally approaching.

HH
Gary

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get all my silver coins from the Coin Star machine in my store.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to go and talk to the judge but was only given 10 days and between my car's tires being crummy, brake lines iffy, the weather and etc etc going on that particular week I couldn't even drive in, much less write a letter to the judge. So now I have 10 days to pay this stinking $110 ticket or they will charge me an additional 20% 'late fee'. Ugh!

And I am not selling my silver. That's 'losing the house' fund and nothing else. Mom keeps forgetting she has dad's silver and the couple of pieces I got her on her B-day and such. I checked my silver stats and the last time it was $34 an ounce was around last June. I thought it had been 2 years or so but it's been less than a year since silver dropped.

I prefer my silver via coinstar too because then I don't have to pay the stinking premiums that the LCSs charge. They prices are 4-5 dollars over spot right now. I almost want to get some gold but then thought that for the amount of a $100 gold piece, I can get 3 ounces and some junk silver with money left over. But still the idea of having a bit of gold would be kinda neat.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions