Newport Rhode Island

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to Newport with the Cz70 pro this weekend 6/15, still unable to use headphones, it's gonna be tough to hear. I'm gonna give it a shot anyway, gonna be my first time detecting on a real beach(other than the Hudson) wish me luck. PS gonna bring the minelab 305, just in case the CZ is impossible to use without headphones. This will be the first of many trips to Newport, we have a beach house thier.:piratehand:

OP
OP
DigitNY

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, you can never tell, but I have a feeling,wether I find anything incredible or not. It'll be fun !!

OP
OP
DigitNY

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found out the CZ I bought just recently isn't gonna be up to the task. The headphones don't work in it, it bleeps in n out and you can barely hear it. Gonna ruin that part of my vacation, maybe the minelab 305 will save me, we'll find out.:angry1:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go down there often
just a sample of beach/water finds from Newport
COLSH.jpg silver colonial shoe buckle
DSC00304.JPG 14k band - silver half and 3 sil. quarters
july11-RI.JPG
NEW.jpg
pic223965.jpg gold and silver coins
RINGSMAY12TH.JPG

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You might want to try out King's Beach while you are there but you might check to make sure that it is not private land now! Although the property adjacent to the beach is fairly grown up in weeds now, back in 1963, it was a well trimmed piece of land where folks came to barbecue and I believe twice a year, they had a Carnival there with rides. Lots of the people that came to the Carnival would lose money (cash and coins), running around the Carnival as well as on the rides. We would find $10 to $30 almost every night that the Carnival was there. Make sure to check the beach and in the water if possible but watch out for them little crabs!

After re-looking at the Satellite photos, it appears that what used to be called King's Beach is now King's Park and it appears that there is a private home where the beach is and it may be private as well.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions