Next on A&E Hoarders - The detector guy who saved everything!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next on A&E Hoarders - The detector guy who saved everything!

Ok I'm just kidding. :laughing7: Seeing the show made me wonder if there actually is a detecting hoarder out there that saved pretty much everything whether it be junk or not. To those who have not seen the show don't be quick to laugh at the idea, this psychological problem has some unbelievable extremes.

I think a lot of people have at least a little of this in them, getting attached to things they really shouldn't be that attached to. Must be the thoughts a certain item triggers to make them feel it has value... well I guess that's obvious. When my nephew was younger he showed signs of this and had a hard time throwing things away, believe he was actually diagnosed with mild OCD. That has since passed and at 14 he scored just under Genius level when his doctor tested his IQ (top 1% I think it was) Anyway, that was my coffee drinking thought and post for the day. Maybe I need :help: :D ...and IQ scores like that definitely don't run in the family. ;D

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Next on A&E Hoarders - The detector guy who saved everything!

I wish I would have not gave so much stuff away. I used to give away Nazi coins ,musket balls ,chuncks of cannon balls and other stuff that I used to dig overseas pretty much everyday.Now my collection of that stuff is about half the size it would be. Thing about it is ,some people thought it was cool stuff and some people was not to impressed. I should have been some selective . :dontknow:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Next on A&E Hoarders - The detector guy who saved everything!

birdman said:
I wish I would have not gave so much stuff away. I used to give away Nazi coins ,musket balls ,chuncks of cannon balls and other stuff that I used to dig overseas pretty much everyday.Now my collection of that stuff is about half the size it would be. Thing about it is ,some people thought it was cool stuff and some people was not to impressed. I should have been some selective . :dontknow:
Here's an uplifting thought.... Sooner or later it's all going to end up back into the dirt...One way or another. :D What? It's true.. Dangit. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread