Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'56-D has large piece missing at left stalk with a peeling lift at right stalk (worth $3 to $5). a minor off center (MAD) on the '82, value added is minimal, but still nice as a group lot to sell a bit over face, always good to find natural red wheat, worth about 50X face when sold in a lot of other red wheats, the RED '71 has a small lamination peeled off to right of lower ear. some copper Canada, a VF '36 & some common wheats with 30 rolls left to search :dontknow: IMG_4521.JPG IMG_4522.JPG IMG_4523.JPG IMG_4524.JPG IMG_4525.JPG IMG_4526.JPG IMG_4527.JPG IMG_4528.JPG

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey PEA, Buy reading your post I just realized RED does not actually mean the color... Always thought it did.... Looked it up quickly and I guess is means a mint state cent... Is it an acronym or have any other meaning?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a red cent, whereas more circulated will have the description of "brown". Yes it refers to the color.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a red cent, whereas more circulated will have the description of "brown". Yes it refers to the color.

Thank you Enamel... man I need to brush up on my cent lingo :laughing7:

I think I get it now, but a little confused on how it refers to the color. In PEA's pics above the '58 & '71 cents are described as "red" but are not red in color... or is a mint state penny (to me a copper/orange color) considered "red" in color.

I totally get the "brown" in color description for a more circulated cent

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope we helped you, Zomotion. I rely on Enamel7 & Huntsman53 for their apparent expertise on errors. at times I think they are Mike Diamond clones :laughing7:. Red/Brn is a cent making the transition out of puberty :laughing7:. CRH'ing would be a bore if silver was the only objective :BangHead: errors always cover the gas & time. did a dump today and got paid $3.36 in clad from the reject bin :icon_thumright:
Thank you Enamel... man I need to brush up on my cent lingo :laughing7:

I think I get it now, but a little confused on how it refers to the color. In PEA's pics above the '58 & '71 cents are described as "red" but are not red in color... or is a mint state penny (to me a copper/orange color) considered "red" in color.

I totally get the "brown" in color description for a more circulated cent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread