Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost afraid to ask, but..........What's a "RINO"?

He says you are a republican in name only. You seem to be conservative to me though. Your opinions are yours. Express them as you feel the time is right.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RINO = Republican In Name Only.

They figure ... if you ain't one of them you're a republican.

Conservatives who claim to be Republicans (not all of us are leftists) see Republicans who spout any liberal minded drivel to be RINOs.

You sir, were insulted in the previous post.

Personally, I think you should go Genghis Khan on them:

"Oh people, know that you have committed great sins.

If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God.

If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan, 1220 in Bukhara

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thoughtless rigidity of political dogma has never sat well with me. Same goes for dogmatic theological or spiritual traditions. I'd like to think that all are free to pick and choose their own independent path, rather than feeling compelled to force themselves into an ideological mold that isn't their own for the benefit of close-minded observers. Feeding from either the left or right-hand trough of manufactured public opinion doesn't constitute freedom or integrity of thought. Anyone unwilling to genuinely question, revise, or take criticism for their own beliefs has no defensible right to do so to others.

And I'm a dirty Libertarian, not a Republican, though if forced to affiliate with either the latter or the Democratic party I'd certainly be wearing red.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah,, funny thing about Libertarians, that is a Really big tent. Not always easy to tell if one is partial to anarchy, or leans totalitarian.

I find myself to be more of a Libertarian too.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A really big tent? More like a 3-ring circus!

"Minarchist" leaning libertarian here. So I'd be more partial to anarchy than the direction the gov't is going were there a choice, with reservations naturally. I'm young, healthy, self-employed, and know how to survive off the land if necessary. After being unsuccessful in seeking suitable employment in the my chosen field, I started a very profitable business based upon a model concocted at the age of 14. No bemoaning the economy, employment numbers, or suckling from the social welfare teat. No arsehole boss, arbitrary rules, set working hours, dress code, glass ceilings or cubicles either, lol. Having the money roll in regardless of whether I'm expanding business or I'm out having fun and doing what I want is a realization of my American Dream. As such, a favorite conservative quote is "Silly liberals; paychecks are for employees." :laughing7: The pensions or healthcare concerns or mortgage rates or wage complaints of other folk are personally irrelevant. I'm my own man and don't need to have my life regulated and subsidized by powers I didn't ask for. Not like one's opinion makes a bit of difference, but we can dream! This life is for owning one's destiny and being your own man. I won't settle for any less, and neither should the rest of you.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"Censorship?" The NFL and the various networks that broadcast its games are all private enterprises. Just how is this "censorship?" It's the invisible hand at work.

No evidence so far, of course, that it was the NFL that ruled that commercial does not meet its standards.

Would they run a condom commercial? One for hard liquor? For copies of The Anarchists' Cookbook?

This is still America.They get to decide which commercials are acceptable. And which are not.Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

The ad is what my post was about, not the commentary ... although I did like the commentary.

All private companies have the right to censor what they don't want associated with them. It is no secret that TNet censors as well. Attacking the ability of a private company to censor is an attack on TNet itself. Same thing, no difference, nothing to see here, move along now, shoot em all and let God sort it out.

Please show where I said anything about censorship. I liked the ad, it was banned ... get a life?

Unclebuck257:

Yes, the "non-profit" NFL is private enterprise. But - once again - where's the evidence it turned that commercial down? Or that the company had the money to pay for it?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

My post was about the ad, not the commentary ... although I do agree with much of the commentary, I can't remove it because it isn't my youtube account. Deal with it. Maybe grow up?

(Quote :censored: by mod.)

Yeah, you live for the insults ... and then try to hide behind a veil of being "neutral" or non political.

Like I told the girl who I caught Tuesday while she was telling the deputy lies, "I see your lips moving, but I can't hear a word you're saying ... because your actions speak louder than your words."

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be beneficial if some members please reread TOS and TN rules....

"We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. "

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread