MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
every logging show I see on tv they use stihl's

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's because they are good saws Jeff, but the best thing about stilh saws is how readily available the parts are, even very old ones.
Got old saws ? I think I will upgrade to charter membership so I can place a wanted ad for old saws wanted.. have a HOE r11 ? I would trade my wife for one..just don't tell her lol :p

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another chainsaw story 5 years ago... Had a grass fire (summer time) on property next to mine which started from highway and was burning up the ridge toward a small power line. Personal showed up coming in the back way down the power line to fight the fire. I drove ATV over and parked inside the woods watching out of the sun. They didn't want my help with fire (untrained was reason). Anyway I had 3 cold beers on ice in a igloo cooler at the ATV. A county flatbed truck pulled up and three county workers got out and went toward fire. A volunteer firemen came down power line with his red light flashing and parked behind flatbed Co. truck. He gets out and stands by flatbed for a minute. Nobody is close or watching (he thinks). He suddenly takes bungee cord off a large chainsaw on flatbed and runs with it toward woods almost right at me. Puts it down and covers with leaves, debris and sticks then heads for fire. Never once saw me.

What would you folks do at this time.....?????

After this volunteer worker joined the others at the fire I took my cable & lock off the back of my ATV and attached to chainsaw and tree real short. After I finished my beer I went toward workers to find this guy and get a pic on my phone. Got 3 of them. After awhile I found the boss of the County workers. I told him what I saw and did and told him to come over to my house when he was done. He said sure thing. He came over hours later and I showed him the pics I took. Then we rode the ATV back to the saw to retrieve it. Saw had not been disturbed yet. The story I heard later was he took a Sheriffs deputy over to his house to inquire about it. He wasn't home yet. They asked wife if they could look in barn. She said yes. Guess they found all kinds of stolen property. He had a bad day after that.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great Brad!!! I love reading about pond scum having a bad day.
To me there is no worse feeling than working your butt off saving up cash to buy something that will make life easier, only to have somebody walk off with it like they are entitled to it,....you are my hero for today.

Mike

Bandit2

Jan 7, 2014
Portsmouth, Va.Metro-West Taxachusettes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Maine ( when We were living there in the late 80's ) they solved that problem of having there stacked firewood stolen from the woods landing by putting a shotgun shell inside a piece of firewood , they did find the thief and his wife .
Ps
If stealing a load of Ash , ALL WAYS leave the one piece of Birch in the Stacked Cordwood Behind .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread